Baby Shower! What are some good ideas to have for food?

Cake, Veggies lol I cant think of anything else..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom did simple foods/snacks for the guests of mine because she knew there would be kids there and didn't want to do anything fancy. She made littles smokies in bbq sauce ( cooked em in her crock pot), and she put together a meat and cheese tray with different kinds of turkey, ham, bologna, a few different cheeses,and crackers. She even bought just about every hershey kiss ever invented, dumped em in a bowl, and then grabbed a handful and wrapped them in plastic wrapped, and tied the ends together with blue ribbons. She also did plain ol chips and dip, and it was a really good turnout. Everyone loved the food because it was so simple and easy!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 1:54 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Oh and I also had the cake and ice cream lol.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 1:55 AM on May. 16, 2009

• We did build your own sub sandwiches. My mother brought all the fixins for sandwiches, my mother in law had chips and fruit, and my boss brought two cakes. One cheesecake and one fruit/angelfood cake (I had GD and couldn't eat much desserts). They laid it all out buffet style and that was it. I really liked it. Very laid back, very friendly atmosphere. I had a lot of people that didn't know each other, so it seemed like all kind of chatted more easily while doing something than just being forced to sit next to each other.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:19 AM on May. 16, 2009

• for mine we did chicken salad croissants, chips & dip, veggie platter, meat & cheese platter, those little BBQ weenies, Cake, and ice cream.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:49 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I had my daughter's baby shower between lunch and dinner so I wouldn't have to serve a meal.
    I made a cracker, cheese, and pepperoni platter. I had small bowls of treats placed about: M&M's, mixed nuts, and pillow mints. I had a large, beautiful cake. For drinks, I served water, punch, iced tea, and coffee.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:29 PM on May. 16, 2009