How do I know if I'm really stressing about getting pregnant?

I'm not sure if I've really been stressing about getting pregnant or not. How do I know if it's stress or worry?

destiny.bailey

Asked by destiny.bailey at 1:46 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think a lot of people tell women that aren't getting pregnant right away that it's not happening because of "stress." I never "felt" stressed out about it, at least no more than my regular level of "stress" from work, family drama, etc. We were trying, but it wasn't happening right away. We decided to adopt when I didn't get pregnant after the first 3 months, but continued to pursue pregnancy, and even had work-up for infertility. I honestly didn't feel "stressed" because we had a baby on the way through the adoption.

If you don't feel "stressed" then you probably aren't. You're probably really attuned with your body, especially if you're trying to get pregnant, so you know.

If you're worried, you are adding "stress" to your system (cortisol), and should try some relaxation methods. The best thing you can do for yourself right now is to take care-- physically and emotionally.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:21 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I think thinking about it the whole time your trying doesn't help. Worry or stress either one isn't good. As soon as I gave up on trying and the doctor told me I should wait I quit worrying and relaxed and here I am 8 months later pregnant with little girl number 3. My advice but it may sound dumb seriously don't try and just go with the flow it will happen when its meant to be.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 4:53 AM on May. 16, 2009