non hormonal birth controls

Heres the deal. i Have recently discovered that my birth control is causing me to have allergies to foods(though my doc doesnt belive me i just had my merina out 2 days now and suddenly i can eat again hmmmmm) so i'm thinking that the hormone thing isnt an option. I have also recently discovered that we just dont like condoms? Does any one else have any suggestions?I dont want another kid just yet!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Health

• spermicide? with pull out method maybe?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on May. 16, 2009

• taking charge of your fertility.
    there is only about 1 week a month (or less) for most woman where it is even possible to get pregnant. Figure out when that is for you by reading the book titled as above and then couple it with spermicide or a female condom. ...or if you really have to have sex during your ovulation use a condom.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:54 AM on May. 16, 2009

• copper IUD, Diapham, The sponge is back.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:04 AM on May. 16, 2009

• i have the copper IUD(paragard) non hormonal,last 10 years only heavy periods first months maybe years.
    laflakita4e

Answer by laflakita4e at 3:27 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I second the vote for Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It's really easy to understand and it helps you know your body's signs better. Great book even if you don't want to use her method of birth control.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 4:12 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I would recommend the copper IUD. I had it for almost 3yrs & it lasts 10yrs. At first you may have heavy cramping &/or bleeding or spotting/irregular periods for a couple days-months but my body adjusted well & it has no hormones...you dont have to remember to take it because its already there & you are protected day one! Its a quick maybe 10-15min ( though very uncomfortable ). I would suggest talking to your doctor about it....good luck!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 4:49 AM on May. 16, 2009

• good question! I tried IUD the copper one and it caused me to bleed heavily all a sudden cause it was stuck floating around in my uterus and had to be surgiclly removed. I was working great for me until that happened. I was wanting to use a diaphram but my doctor feels it's too old fassioned and isn't as effective. I want zero hormones in my body. I don't even like taking any type of medications unless I really need it. I really hate condoms also. I wouldn't care about getting pregnant right away again if this wasn't c-section number three. I need time to heal. Well number three doesnt come until June 17th but still. Abstanance isn't an option either i'd go nuts!!!!
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 5:04 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Oh and I forgot to add that I ended up having a tubal pregnancy and a misscarrage after using it. I know its 1% chance that it would cause issues but really if your the unlucky 1% chance it isn't fun going through a D&C to remove an IUD, a tubal pregnancy and loosing your right fallopian tube, and a misscarrage! I believe it was all due to the IUD never again will I have one put in place. Im lucky enough to have had two healthy fallopian tubes cause I am not done having kids.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 5:09 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Get a diaphram. Completely safe, hormone free, zero side effects.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:14 AM on May. 16, 2009