Is this hawaiian an appropiate theme for a 1 yr old party?

I know she will not remember any of it but I want to celebrate my childs first year of life... I want a hawaiian theme but I dont know if its an appropiate kids theme. I've tried looking for Lilo and Stitch Party Supplies but no stores carry it... and I hardly found stuff online... Her bday is not until August 1st but Im planning it now... Any advice???

AlessasMommy1

Asked by AlessasMommy1 at 2:41 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Entertainment

• Why wouldn't it be appropriate?

My DD is half Hawaiian and it wouldn't have bothered her. We skip "themed" bdays b/c she was born on Halloween, so it's always a halloween theme.

http://partysuppliesworld.com/pages/PartyThemes/liloandstitch_birthdaypartysupplies.html
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 3:37 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't see why not. Do easy until he gets old enough to state a preference. You will have a hard enough time when he wants the red Ironman plates, not the gold ones. Take it easy and do what you want/can now while he is still too young to share an opinion. That's my vote.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:08 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Truly, that "First B-day" is really more about the family and friends of the b-day child (I'm talking about the theme here). Hawaiian or tropical would be great fun! It will be a blur for your little one...but the fun is watching your beauty investigate presents and destroy a cake. If you have a "dollar store" or "Big Lots" close by, they have a ton of Hawaiian Theme products in stock right now. You can certainly decorate cheaply, have a few tiki torches (if in evening) and get her a Lilo cake. Many bakeries do the photo transfer now, so even if they don't carry that cake, you can have a photo cake made with L &S. Have fun tropical cocktails for the adults, finger foods, Costco has great sorbets in coconut shells already to go! My daughter's first was great -- we did Harvest theme with pumpkins, straw bales, scarecrows -- the adults had a great afternoon and my daughter loved it! She remembers NOTHING about now.
    AislinnAsparas

Answer by AislinnAsparas at 10:50 AM on May. 16, 2009