i am 7 monthes along an have bad lower cramping an lower back pain. i have been to the er, labor and delivery an my ob they dont know what is causeing this. has anyone ever had this or is going through this? any thoughts an ideas to help me out? I have 2 other children that i am trying to take care of an half the time its heard on me to be able to.

gbrandygreen

Asked by gbrandygreen at 3:26 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cramping is normal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on May. 16, 2009

• For how long? I had back labor...if your cervix isn't open, then maybe it's not labor and just pregnancy symptom. Can you take a warm bath and put warmed up rice bags on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I had lower back pain and it was my kidneys. Are you drinking plenty of water?
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:43 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I am 8 months pregnant and I feel like i've been in a train wreck. If the ER and doctors are telling you that they don't know then maybe your fine then. I cramp, my back hurts, my feet swell, i'm always tired, and I have a 3 year old and 4 year old to handle. I get like zero help from my boyfriend unless I ask and have to cook and wash clothes and deal with doctors appointments for my oldest daughter who has medical issues AND were moving back in with my parents! I can see why your probably cramping and hurting. I try to rest when I can and sit for as long as allowed. Plus drinking water always seems to help me out a lot.
    Bladder infection can be the cause if they didn't run a urinalysis on you. I almost went into labor a month early with number two and had to be given meds to stop contractions and I was dehydrated. I was barely able to walk into my appointment infection was so bad. I was hospitalized for a day and sent home.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 4:50 AM on May. 16, 2009

• My sister is currently dealing with severe low-back pain and abdominal pain as well. She has been very emotional, crying, and complaining of the pain. Since she is between OBs, she doesn't have one currently. She refused to go to the ER, so she opted to go to my dr as a urgent care patient. The dr ordered 2 ultrasounds, an ob and one abdominal. Waiting to hear what it says. The dr referred her to an ob, to see if they can see her in 1-2 weeks.
    Calicomama2003

Answer by Calicomama2003 at 5:18 AM on May. 16, 2009

• It could be kidney and or gall bladder as well. I suffered for years with pain that I thought was my back but turned out to be my gall bladder. Look up gall bladder symptoms.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 6:21 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Kidney Stones and Gall Stones are common for pregnant women, so the next time you are in pain ask them to look for those. I had Gall stones and the horrible attacks associated with them all through my first pregnancy.....3 ER's and several OB visits did not diagnose it, they would give me lortab and send me home after having ultrasounds and MRI's! Two weeks after giving birth I had Kidney Stones and Lithotripsy to break the large stone apart so I could pass it..

Then several more months of these attacks a co-worker said 'Sounds like Gallstones" I immediately called my doctor and said I think I have gallstones can we look into that! Sure enough the ultrasound and MRI techs from those numerous ER visits ALL SAID "GALLSTONES" and the idiot doctors apparently never bothered to READ THE RESULTS, just said Hmmm I don't know whats wrong. I was scheduled for surgery the next day it was such a BAD case.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:27 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I just had some back pain and a little pain down there and it was a UTI. But I've had a kidney stone my last pregnancy and caused me contractions and some back pain.
    Anonymous

• i am drinking enough water maybe to much lol. i have had the lower back pain most of the 7months an with in the last 2 monthes the cramping. they say i am dine i just trying to find ideaas other then the meds they gave me for pain to help me out with it all. there is no resting besides at night time. i have a 2 an 1/2 yeard old an a 11month old so i am always on my feet an on the go.
    gbrandygreen

Answer by gbrandygreen at 2:53 AM on May. 17, 2009