question about Bottle warmer

Does the bottle warmer also work to defrost frozen breastmilk? I've never had one and have always wanted one but my son is breastfed and want to make sure it'll work for that otherwise I dont want to waist money.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:28 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't own a warmer either... what worked well for us was either a mini crockpot that we just left plugged in during the day.... works well!
    Or we just pop it in a cup of hot water... if it's frozen we need to change the water a couple of times though because it gets too cool.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:23 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Frozen milk I put in a bowl of really hot water to thaw it out. But as far as just warming up milk, I use the microwave. Bottle warmer contraptions are a waste of money to me. If you use the microwave, all you gotta do is shake it up afterwards (to even out the temperature) and then test the warmth with your finger.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:40 AM on May. 16, 2009