Do you understand why the flu concerns me?

Say you get the flu. You get a terrible case and you get over it.
I get the flu, I get a terrible case. Then I get pneumonia (as I frequently do) then I go on antibiotics. There is only so many times you can go on antibiotics for a secondary infection before they run out of types to give you and they no longer work.
Maybe you are not as experienced with secondary infections as I am, but all of my kids have reactions to viral infections and end up with secondary ones. I am definitely concerned about this flu. Every flu season I deal with this, but now it will be all year. So stop telling me not to worry. And despite my worry, I am not panicing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Health

• Do you ever get the flu shot? I do (as well as my kids) and if we end up getting it, it's not half as bad. My mom is prone to pneumonia also and she gets a shot every five years that prevents her from getting it... talk to your doctor. I'd go and get at least the pneumonia shot. Oh, and yes, I understand why the flu worries you. :D
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:59 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes it is of big concern specially for people with weak immune system such as senior citizens, infants, People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions such as HIV positive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on May. 16, 2009

• No, I get the flu FROM the flu shot. My immune system is hyperactive. I tried to get the flu shot and it made me so ill I almost died from it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 16, 2009