Put yourself back in time to 2007. Which was more likely to happen First?

A. First African-American President
B. First Woman President

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• B. I'm not racist but I really thought we'd have a woman before an African-American.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:41 AM on May. 16, 2009

• why does this matter? i thought we were only to look forward, and not back--especially when dealing with a democratic president? doesn't change anything if we do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on May. 16, 2009

• African amersican, this is not racist discremetory or any thing just factual. African got freedom bfore woman, rights before women, and equal rights before. The country has to acept an african american before a women. As for Hilary though we would have just ende up with another Clinton the only difference she wouldn't be getting head in the opal office.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:54 AM on May. 16, 2009

• hot-mama
    What are you talking about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Evey thing in history Africans did before women. So why not became president read a history book some time will you. Women were treated the same as an african on most levels. They couldn't speak unless spoken to, were treated as slave only got better benifits to a certain level depending on who you ask, Were aloud to vote, had to get up for a man to sit, unless they had slaves which I don't believe is right don't get me wrong) They were the last to eat,and they had no rights. All of which restraints were lifted after the african americans. So it makes sense for one to be president before a women doe sthat make more sense. AA ( Arican americans) had to be acepted to open the road to change is how my history teacher explained it to me it made men more tolerant of women. (
    "Paople are intolerant to what they fear"
    If you ask most men they will say women are scarier than any thing because we can make them step out of the norm
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:11 AM on May. 16, 2009

• A....because Palin was an idiot. She needs to go off into the sunset with George Bush and live happily ever after.
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 8:22 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Palin wasn't running for president you know.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:28 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Actually, Hot Mama, I don't think a lot of the women here do know that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on May. 16, 2009

• B. I really thought Hilary was gonna be it. Now if Clin Powell was runnning I would have picked A because I would have voted for him. I still think OBIe had lots of help rising to the top.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:19 AM on May. 16, 2009

• hot-mama86 is going at it again.

"In 1920 the 19th Amendment was passed allowing women to vote. Some states allowed women to vote before that, but in 1920 it became a right."

The Fifteenth Amendment (Amendment XV) to the United States Constitution prohibits each government in the United States from denying a citizen the right to vote based on that citizen's "race, color, or previous condition of servitude" (i.e., slavery). It was ratified on February 3, 1870.

BUT:

By the 1890s, many Southern states had rigorous voter qualification laws, including literacy tests and poll taxes. Some states even made it difficult to find a place to register to vote.

African American's had the right to vote, first. But: The majority of them did NOT vote. There were literacy tests (many of which were given in GERMAN and they claimed were English!), they and their families were threatened, or their votes were conveniently 'lost'. Get a life.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 10:50 AM on May. 16, 2009