Have i gone crazy?

my husbands family wanted to spentd some time with our daughter so they took her and she will be gone for 3 days, at first i was so excited bc im a stay at home mom and i just couldnt wait for a break, but now that she is gone i miss her soooo much and today is just day one! am i crazy? any advice on how to get over this bum feeling i have and start to enjoy my time off?

angelfood33

Asked by angelfood33 at 7:40 AM on May. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Go out to lunch with a friend, get a pedicure, see a movie, do things that you can't do with a baby. Have a good time, and relax. I know that you miss her, and I'm sure she misses you too, but I'm confident that she is in good hands (they raised your husband, didn't they?)

And you are not crazy at all. I remember the very first time that my mom watched my firstborn so my husband and I could go out for my birthday. He was a month and a half old. We dropped him off at her house and had to return to our house because my husband forgot his wallet. We walked in, and I almost cried. The house felt so empty, and it just felt wrong to be without the baby. You're not crazy. You're very normal. Almost all moms feel the same way. The ones who don't are the crazy ones. :)
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 7:54 AM on May. 16, 2009

• You are not crazy.I am the same way.and my son is 10 years old.Everynight for his whole life I have tucked him in bed at night when he goes to bed.And I really enjoy it.Just do something to keep busy.and you will be really happy when she comes home.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 9:26 AM on May. 16, 2009

• hugsYou haven't gone crazy, gurl, you miss your baby. Just remember that she's safe, is missing you, too, and will return. Then, do some things you haven't been able to for a while. No cleaning, either! Call her just to check in so that your able to re-set, re-focus and start relaxing. Enjoy this time!

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 9:48 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Go shopping, have a day of pampering, visit friends, staying busy really helps. Call and check on her but don't talk directly to her, she may sense your unease and get upset. She is ok, now you just go and relax and enjoy your free time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:23 PM on May. 16, 2009