Commissary vs. Save-a-lot

ok girls need honest opinions the commissary is 1 block up from Save-a-lot and I was wondering which one is cheaper/better deal. I gotta go in about an hour so any help/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

navywife6

Asked by navywife6 at 8:14 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• HMMMM. Toughy. It would take going to both and pricing the things you usually buy. It would also be a question of whether you can give up name brands for off brands. Good luck and happy shopping!!!
    elizabethie

Answer by elizabethie at 8:38 AM on May. 16, 2009

• No tax at the commissary. I usually went there, then walmart and sam's club. I've never been to a save-a-lot so I'm not sure how they compare.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:50 AM on May. 16, 2009

• sorry never been to a Save-A-Lot i do all my grochery shopping on base unless it's warm wether than I get my produce at the local farmers markets. I about died at the price of milk at our local Walmart. 5.63 a gallon.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:53 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Well I answered my own question this AM. I went to the commissary, and then did a walk thru of Save-a-lot, and its still a better deal to go to the commissary. Now there are a few things that are beneficial, but all in all better deal at the commissary.

Thank you so much for your advice girls
    navywife6

Answer by navywife6 at 5:39 PM on May. 16, 2009