Around what age do you start feeding kids baby food on a regular basis?

My son is about 6 months and next week we have his doctor's appointment and shots but I was wondering around when do you feed them regularly?

proudmommykiwi

Asked by proudmommykiwi at 9:04 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We started feeding him oatmeal at 4 months, but then regular jars after his 6-month appointment after asking the doctor. Now at 8 months he eats 3 jars a day plus 25-30 oz of formula.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 16, 2009

• We weren't regularly feeding food until about 11 months with my first and my second is 8 months, and she just started getting something regularly, but she doesn't eat it regularly.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:12 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I fed my son cereal in his bottles about 2 months old.He was hungry all the time.About 4 months I gave him table food.Like cooked carrots, mashed potatoes, stuff like that.Basically he ate what we ate.It didn't hurt him at all.He was a fat healthy round baby.When he started walking, he lost his extra weight.He turned out fine.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 9:45 AM on May. 16, 2009

• My son is 6 months next week also, and he eats baby food regularly. He gets cereal for breakfast, and 6 oz bottle. Fruit for lunch, and 6 oz bottle. Veggie for dinner and 6 oz bottle. And a snack between lunch and dinner with another 6 oz bottle. So he gets his 24oz of formula, and a lot of food. He loves it. He also gets some apple juice with dinner. He has been on this schedule for about a month or so now.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 10:04 AM on May. 16, 2009

• You should introduce solids no sooner than 6 months, it's ok to wait longer if the child isn't ready. Breast milk or formula should be baby's main source of nutrition until about a year. At 6 months, since she was ready, I introduced solids to Isis with one "meal" a day. About 3 months later she added a second serving of food, and at about 1 year she started eating three times a day.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 10:10 AM on May. 16, 2009

• We introduced cereal at 4 months old and she loved it. Then, at about 5 months, we moved on to #1 Gerber foods until she was about 6 1/2 months old. Then, we started on #2 foods and she eats cereal for breakfast now (she's 9 months), a 4 oz. bottle an hour later. Then she will eat lunch (usually a #3 foods jar), and then an hour or so later another 4 oz bottle, and then for dinner a #3 jar again with another 4 oz bottle an hour later. She also gets those gerber puffs or some green beans with her meals. She eats bananas and mashed potatoes. Anything she likes and is healthy works for us! She also gets up twice in a night for a bottle as well.
    ChristyJ310

Answer by ChristyJ310 at 10:34 AM on May. 16, 2009

• whenever you feel they are ready.. I started off with just cereal at 4 months. then after 2 weeks had her on cereal and fruits.. (cereal in the morning, and fruits a bit later).. when we got through the allergy parts of fruits, we went to cereal in the morning mixed with fruits, and a veggie around dinner time.. thus getting through stage 1.. once we got through all those flavors.. we started doing cereal with a fruit.. then a fruit for lunch, then a veggie for dinner... by 6 months, she had breakfast, lunch, and dinner..

by 7 months we moved to meats with dinner.. and by 8 we were starting table foods.. (only because she had gotten a few teeth).. we started table foods with the gerber puffs as snacks, which helped her learn to chew.. and soft table foods, like potatoes and scrambled eggs.. by 10 months she was eating table foods.

as for table foods, ever child is different.. they will let you know when it's time :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:16 AM on May. 16, 2009

• My pediatrician told us to start anywhere between 4 and six months and start with just baby cereal once a day my son is six months old and eats two jars of second stage babyfood 1 in the morning and 1 of the evening good luck
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 8:58 AM on May. 17, 2009