wouldn't you think?

My ex husband left me for another woman two years ago. They are still together. My 11 daughter doesn't like her, but she is only 11. Wouldn't you think his girlfriend would try to form some kind of bond with her. My ex is a wonderful father and he is also good with his girlfriends daughter. His girlfriend could care one way of another if my daughter was around. I know i would try if i knew i was going to be in a long term relationship. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• IDK, but maybe your daughter is finding it hard to except her dads girlfriend and secretly wishes things were the way the use to be. She probably just needs some time to adjust. I dont think her dads girlfriend can do much to get closer to your daughter right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I'm a step mom.She was 4 when we got married.She is now 17.It hasn't been easy.Like other step parent I have made alot of sacrifices in my marriage and life for her to have a better life.I don't have the mother daughter bond with her.but I am a kind of friend to her.Her mother has never liked me being in the picture.So she told her daughter that it wasn't my place all these years.I'm glad you are open to it.I hope your daughter has a happy life.Kids are the ones who get the problems in this kind of situation thru no fault from you.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 9:36 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Children are pretty darn perceptive when it comes to reading people's non verbal cues. Whether it is just biatchyness on the part of your ex's girlfriend or just being standoffish I don't know. But the amateur psychologist in me says, the girlfriend sees your daughter as a reminder of the family she had a part in destroying, and maybe feels a tinge of guilt. Because it's common knowledge that a man who cheats on one woman is bound to cheat on another. So the girlfriend probably doesn't want to get too close to the situation, because in the deep recesses of her mind, she has a feeling it'll happen to her. Must be nice always having doubts!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:42 AM on May. 16, 2009

• My son's wife won't let any of his kids from a previous marriage come visit much less bond. Some women are just jealous and don't want anyone taking the man's attention from them. Sad but true

Answer by admckenzie at 10:51 AM on May. 16, 2009