just warmed up a bottle and baby is not hungry. Can I take the bottle, put it back in the refrigorator and rewarm in a little while?

Re heating formula. Is this possible? Can it be refrigorated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I asked this question months ago when my daughter was young and the response was you have to use it within 1 hour, and if not, you have to throw it out. So my suggestion is to keep it on the counter and see if she is hungry within the hour - don't put it back in the fridge and then reheat within the hour. If she doesn't eat it, you have to throw it out. I am sure there are MANY other opinions, but that it what I was told. I have lost many a bottle because of this! Good luck.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 9:49 AM on May. 16, 2009

• If she took even a sip from it, then you are supposed to use it within the hour or throw it out. But I did put them back in the fridge a few times.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:09 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I've re-refrigerated and re-heated my son's bottles plenty of times, and he's none the worse for wear...
    oh__you

Answer by oh__you at 11:14 AM on May. 16, 2009

• if she took a sip.. it's only good for an hour or two (see can for their time line).. if not, you can stick it in the fridge and it's good for up to 24 hours..

all this is written on the container of formula.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:18 AM on May. 16, 2009

• If it has been heated, you have one hour. If it's room temperature you have two hours. Unless you put the unheated bottle back in the fridge, then it's 24 hours. Since formula is not sterile, bacteria can grow in it when it is reheated and refridgerated and reheated. It's like meat. Once it has been thawed you can't refreeze it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 16, 2009