Do you think CafeMom is one sided???

ok so I wrote a journal post & I did keep it ANON. because it seems like around here you cant have an opinion or another veiw on things. Woman came on there saying I WAS IGNORANT! Well maybe but its MY journal post and just how I feel. Like the old saying goes, The grass is'nt always greener on the other side of the fence.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do any of you other mom's find it stomach twisting... (in regaurds to the 2 girls being hit by the car) <---- my journal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on May. 16, 2009

• CafeMom is pretty evenly distributed amongst different lifestyles and beliefs, I think.

It was their opinion to call you ignorant (even if you're not). You have to be willing to accept the good with the bad, not everyone is going to agree with you.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:53 AM on May. 16, 2009

• what do you mean by one sided? like you have to believe what everybody else does or they will constantly bash you? if thats what you mean then yes, I agree. Some women are close-minded and think that their way of doing things is the only way. but thats not just on Cafemom, its everywhere.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:54 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Answered at 9:54 AM on May. 16, 2009 by: mommyBrooke849 what do you mean by one sided? like you have to believe what everybody else does or they will constantly bash you? if thats what you mean then yes, I agree. Some women are close-minded and think that their way of doing things is the only way. but thats not just on Cafemom, its everywhere.

TOTALLY AGREE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't think so...on here, you can always find someone that agrees with you? this is a very large community...I have been shocked really at what all is available here...everything from hard core Bible beaters to people that pracitce Wicca (is that the right word?) from those that teach there children to come to them for a spanking to those that would never ever spank their child from those who breastfeed their child until they are five to those that start out with formula

but no, I don't think cafemom is one sided at all...you just have to find the group that believes like you do...search for it and you can find it...shocking really
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on May. 16, 2009

• First off it wouldn't be cafemom that's one sided. It's some of the moms using cafemom. So my answer would be no. But as for your experience I'd have to say I'm sorry. I hate and despise when people say someone is ignorant in an area. Just because you don't have the same views as they do does not make you ignorant. And just because someone isn't knowledgeable in an area does not make them ignorant. But if that's how a person is qualified to be ignorant than I guess we're ALL ignorant because we don't all know everything now do we. Gee sorry. I started ranting didn't I? =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 11:18 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't know if ignorant is the proper word in this case. Highly insensitive maybe? It was in very poor taste that you wrote that. Like I said on your journal, I hope you never have to go through anything like that.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 12:08 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I do tend to think that favor SAHM's around here especially regarding contests etc, but I have never felt biased against personally for being a working mom. Didn't read your journal post but I do wish people could disagree without bashing others and hiding behind Anonymous, is cowardly. We should be able to say what we want, but on the other hand we need to be respectful of others views and there is no place for hatred of any kind here, we all need to practice tolerance. But since Cafe mom is just a sampling of the real world is you get what you get.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:04 PM on May. 16, 2009