Gentle weaning advice for my 29 month old?

I was hoping to have child led weaning be successful by now but has not. He mostly just nurses to sleep, throughout the night, and once in a while after he gets home from daycare when he is really tired. Does anyone have any advice for nudging him gently? I do not want eaither of us to have to "feel bad" or "guilty" during the process but I would like to stop breastfeeding sooner than later.

raecheche

Asked by raecheche at 10:26 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Drop 1 feeding at a time.. Start with the easiest & work up. Try using distractions methods- play an active game, give him a sippy or snack. go walk around (they usually want us because we are sitting & our lap is free). Leave the night time nursing till last.
    (i was lucky) day 1 of droping a particular feeding: was kinda hard, she would cry & get upset. day 2: she would ask for it, get a lil mad, but nothing big at all-she knew! day 3: shed ask but didnt upset her, she had to test me... day 4 &5 was great & then id drop the next feeding.... This went till our night feeding was the only thing left & she did amazing actually - i was the one crying that a part of our relationship has already came to an end.. bitter sweet...
    good luck! & Cheers to you for nursing so long! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:54 AM on May. 16, 2009