how do i fight the urge..

to eat unhealthy foods in my house?! i live with my parents so i don't really have a say in what kind of foods can be in the house. but they always buy those snacks that sometimes i can't say no to.. how can i fight the urge?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 10:42 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• STOP fighting it!
    Allow yourself only one or two snacks a day. Or limit it to a weekend treat. Just remind yourself every time you reach for the snack box that it's not the weekend yet-- and it'll taste even better after a diligent week of no junk food ; )
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 11:05 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Have you discussed with your parents the importance of a healthy lifestyle?
    Keep healthy snacks around. I keep a bowl of fruit salad and a bowl of cut up veggies in the refrigerator for quick snacks. We also snack on yogurt, keep hummus around as a dip for the veggies. My latest favorite snack is broccoli slaw (shredded broccoli) with asian salad dressing. Drink lots of water to help keep you filled up.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Chewing gum or brushing your teeth can take away your desire to snack.

• the previous suggestions were awesome. also, if you can, keep a pic of you/a body you want to have/keep and put it on the cabinet or even the box itself if you can
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 1:00 AM on May. 18, 2009