Montessori Grade Schools

I have the opportunity to send my daughter to a charter Montessori school next year. It provides from PreK - 8th Grade. Good "rating", etc. What are your experiences with Montessori and do you recommend it?

AislinnAsparas

Asked by AislinnAsparas at 10:43 AM on May. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Montessori was not the right environment for our daughter. She was too far advanced academically and needed a more regimented environment. I suggest that you observe classes, compare test scores with other area schools and attend parent meetings before making your decision

Answer by rkoloms at 2:40 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I agree that Montessori is not right for many kids. It depends on what type of environment your daughter will thrive in. Definitely ask to observe some classes.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 4:53 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My son went to a Montessori charter school for K-1st grade and would have stayed had we not moved. He loved it and did really well. The classrooms were multi-grade, so it was easier for him to work at a higher level. He is academically gifted and fared quite well.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 2:57 AM on May. 17, 2009