How can we expect a change if we do nothing for it?

I'm trying to formulate this thought very carefully so it doesn't come across offensivly. I hear a lot about how everyone thinks that Obama is goofing up already, you guys he's been in the office for 4 months! That's hardly enough time to get through the piles of paperwork let alone fix an enitre nations mess. That is the equivalent of expecting your four month old infant to all of a sudden get up and start walking and taking care of herself. I do not understand how on earth people can jump all over the poor man when he has barely even had a chance. Change is a process and it's a long process. This nation needs time to grow and mature and President Obama can only work as fast as the rest of the nation is willing to go. If we want a faster change then we need to work together to achieve that. How can we expect a change if we do nothing for it?

Havahsmommy

Asked by Havahsmommy at 10:52 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama may be "wet behind the ears" but last I checked he CHOSE to run for President, fully comprehending what he was going to "inherit."

Obama may have "inherited" a deficit, but he QUADRUPLED it in less than 4 months, and made a number of sweeping changes in that short amount of time that are setting this country up for failure on a much grader scale.

Tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes don't last long either, but the destruction they leave in their wake is often astronomical!!! Obama is this country's "made made disaster!!!" LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:58 AM on May. 16, 2009

• lol thank you for your answer LoriKeet
    Havahsmommy

Answer by Havahsmommy at 11:00 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Havahs...i get what you are trying to say. My point is that what he IS doing is detrimental. What he IS doing is causing a slippery slide to socialism. The gov't should NOT be in charge of banks, auto companies, or ANY private business! If they fail they fail. Case and point...Ford. They did NOT receive bail out money and are the only auto company that looks like it has a chance. WHY? Because if people have no incentive to do better why should they? And yes I was pissed when at Bush for signing in bail out money. Gov't run health care WILL bankrupt this country. But will probably be pushed through anyway. I keep hearing about the 8 yrs it took Bush to screw things up, well in my opinion its taking Obama months to make things WORSE!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:01 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I have a question for you tho that I can never get an answer to. How long DO we give him before the mess, that HE SAID he and ONLY he could fix, becomes HIS problem, and the lack of change is HIS fault?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:07 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I couldn't agree more with momof030404 and Lorikeet!

he was adamant in some milestones by his first 100 days. His campaign was CHANGE. IMO-he changed everything for the WORST. he wanted bi-partisanship...GONE! everything he says is bullcrap. When DO we question this? in 4 years? no. he is responsible NOW.

If you signed you kid up for school. In 4 months, his/her learning got worse. Would you wait until the end of the year to question the teacher? I'd hope not. Why is this any different?
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:14 AM on May. 16, 2009

• In answer to your question momof03 Obama is in charge of his presidency and he is going to have the final say. Making the decisions is his responsibility it is our responsibility as citizens to support our president (if you voted for him or not) and to unite to pull this change through. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. If we want change we have to do it. He as a single man can only do so much.

As for you thunder yes he is responsible now and so are we for doing what we can. There is a reason it's called the United States. We all are supposed to be united for each other and help each other out. He is our leader and he is doing what he can to make our country a better place but it is up to us to help him. You can't change an unwilling country
    Havahsmommy

Answer by Havahsmommy at 12:24 PM on May. 16, 2009

• If you signed you kid up for school. In 4 months, his/her learning got worse. Would you wait until the end of the year to question the teacher? I'd hope not. Why is this any different?

i totally agree with this. good point!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:27 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I gotta agree with all the responses,already. They've all said it better than I could,and I can't add anything to them!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:36 PM on May. 16, 2009

• havanah...that wasn't my question

How long DO we give him before the mess, that HE SAID he and ONLY he could fix, becomes HIS problem, and the lack of change is HIS fault?

That was my question.  Nothing about who needs to help him. I keep hearing the "he needs time" excuse but no one will say how MUCH time.  So not 4 months than WHAT?  6 months, 2 yrs, when is the mess he is making worse HIS fault.  And as for Bi partisan ship, Ms. Nancy Pelosi herself said her JOB wasn't paying attention to legislation in 2004 but winning votes for the democratic party!  if that's the way the party thinks it's no wonder they aren't getting bi partisan help.  AND HE SAID HE COULD CHANGE THINGS.  HE SAIS HE COULD DO IT.  There were no codicils when he said it.  HE has not tried to be bi partisan, in fact his EXACT words were "I won, get over it!".

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• We didn't need this kind of man to come in when we are on the brink of a depression.

The economy and and national security are the two most important things to be addressed right now, not the things he and his administration have been dealing with.

He is fluff, won't be able to save us.
    He is only making things worse, he and the stupid, crooked Congress.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:49 PM on May. 16, 2009