A question for the beautiful Pagan moms.

Could you please tell me about the maiden, mother and crone?
Thank you:)

beeky

Asked by beeky at 11:01 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The maiden, mother & crone are usually understood as three aspects of one goddess (often THE goddess). She represents three stages of a woman's life, youth, childbearing years, and the wise years of having lived. She is also often linked to agricultural cycles; planting, growing, reaping, as well as the cycles of life, death & rebirth. She is seen in the moon, waxing, full & waning. She is found in the myths of many cultures & is especially embraced by Wiccans & other Neopagans.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:05 AM on May. 16, 2009

• They are three aspects of our Triple Goddess.  Each aspect represents the cycle of her "life".

The Maiden - New, Young and beautiful.

The Mother - The Creator, the nurturer.

The Crone - The Wise one, aged an at the end of the life cycle.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:06 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Nysa said it much better then I did.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:07 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Nysa said it the best...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:13 AM on May. 16, 2009

• all well said! I have a beautiful triple moon tattoo on my left shoulder and often get asked what it means... almost all the southerners down here assume I'm a member of the occult and need my broom broken in two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Ditto Nysa

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:59 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Anon you can do a protection spell for yourself. They worked for me especially in the south.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:00 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Well everyone else said it. LOL Personally I like the symbol because it was used by Isis. For some odd reason I am attracted to ancient Egypt. I have the triple moon on a necklace which I love, but I also have another one with the Eye of Horus. Someone told me I had a past life in Egypt. If I did that might explain it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:18 PM on May. 16, 2009

• The Maiden is the virginal one, representing youth, vitality, ect.

The Mother is a nuturer,some what wiser & some what more experianced, yet is still learning.

The Crown, is the wise old one, the shinning one, the healer, the one you seek for answers you yourself have not been able to figuer out becouse you know she's not going to bs you, she is the grandmother of all. She is scared, bruised, shows signs of her battles upon her face, she is enlightened, unjudgemental & pure of heart/mind.

Ok, well thats my take on this question..
    BB
    witch_e_woman

Answer by witch_e_woman at 2:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• For what ever reason my post did not add what I wanted to at the end conserning:

The Crown, she is a also a forever student wise enough to know "one never quits learning"...
    witch_e_woman

Answer by witch_e_woman at 2:46 PM on May. 16, 2009