Do you think you are a good mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on May. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes I am. I care about the character, integrity and spirit of my children. ITs not just about how well fed they are or how nicely they are dressed. Whats inside them is what matters.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:26 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes

Do you, OP?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes, I do, and I'm proud of it. Coming from the childhood I had--there were not good examples. My philosophy has always been "do the opposite" and you'll be fine. My kids are my world, they are happy, confident, safe, funny, beautiful......... :)

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:08 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes I know I am and as long as I do the very best then my kids will be happy. And that is all that matters. Like Teachermom I did not have good examples growing up so I do what ever my mom did not do and it seems to have worked so far LOL
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:13 AM on May. 16, 2009

• OP here.....I think I am a pretty darn good mom, thanx for asking :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 16, 2009

• OP again......I did not have very good examples either, I think I have done a pretty good job considering! Its good to see moms that are proud of themselves....good for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 16, 2009

• YES! especially considering i'm a 1st timer! i love my son and would take a bullet for him
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:25 AM on May. 16, 2009

• i think i try very hard wich makes me a good mom. my son may not be perfect but he knows he is loved and he behaves pretty well for a 2 year old. he has all the saftey stuff he needs (carseat with 5point harness bed rail stroller etc). so i think im doing pretty good
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 11:46 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Define "good mother."

Are my kids fed, dressed, clean, adored, and entertaining themselves (playing a game of "rescue me off the couch! omg!") with the proper equipment (a couple cushions for accidental falls that live behind the sofa) less than two feet from me 90% of the time? - well, yeah. They are. Is it "regular doctor and dental care?" They are, for that, too. Is it "best information available worked into their lives in a caring fashion?" I'd like to think that's met. Is it "most days spent at the park?" I think I've got that one, we go most days. Is it "daily learning experiences provided with love and an eye toward what THEY like and want to know?" I try for that. Is it most skinned knees kissed? I've kissed a few, although not this week. Is it bathtime puppet shows to wash an autistic child's hair? (She hates to be wet.)

What does make a good mother?
    rainbowlight

Answer by rainbowlight at 11:56 AM on May. 16, 2009

• What is a good mom? Somebody who makes sure her children grow up as healthy as they can be, who guides them with values and behavior that she believes in, who helps them become independent, thinking people who can make good decisions and who can support themselves when it is time and who can relate well to others and have a good life on their own. Maybe this is what is a good mom? If so, then I fell short, I'm afraid. My children saw a happy marriage and assumed that life was like this, that you married someone and had a happy life, unfortunately one of my children married a woman who made him terribly unhappy. I should have taught him better about what people can be like. So I tried hard, but I did fall short.

Answer by Bmat at 12:00 PM on May. 16, 2009