have you read this? do you judge people who have a disease you know nothing about?

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1462059/What_you_dont_understand_about_us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do know how it feels to be told that I should "lay off the cheeseburgers and donuts." I know how much it hurts. I know how much it sucks. It hurts especially bad when people look at you and don't realize that you have a disease. Or they may think you've come to terms with the disease and that you can talk about it easily.

But like Blessed said, CafeMom is full of hurtful people.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:00 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Obviously you have some sort of personal vendetta against people who don't know anything about anorexia.

Go to the hospital if you need help that badly. I went to the hospital for *MY* eating disorder. It doesn't matter that my eating disorder is the opposite of yours. I guarantee you that we both hate our bodies, whether they're fat or skinny. I just happen to eat too much, while you eat nothing at all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:31 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I dont judge anyone. I've never known anyone with anorexia but someone in my family has died from it. (Died before I was born) I know that this is a mental disease and needs treatment just like any other disease. If I knew someone with this disease I would try to understand and help them not judge or bash them
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 11:48 AM on May. 16, 2009

• caitrawks, no I just dont appreciate how people say "go eat something" and call me a bitch and things like that, If it were as easy as to go eat something dont you think i would do it?
    they think that i WANT to be anorexic, i do not. they dont understand so how can they say something, its not any different than telling someone who is paralyzed to just get up and walk, they cant, and people dont understand that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 16, 2009

• People judge others on everything, not just eating disorders. Everyone is judged on their looks period. Too fat, too skinny, physical defect, birth defect, it doesn't matter. If you don't measure up to what society says is acceptable, you are a target of judgement and ridicule. People don't consider that there may be extenuating circumstances, they just lash out with their hate and judgement. I too suffered from anorexia many years ago and now, I'm at the other extreme; emotional eating. In your case, If you know you have an eating disorder, are you getting help for it? If not, why? It's frustrating when someone knows they have an issue and instead of getting help, they come on here and badger everyone about being sympathetic and accepting. If you have a problem, don't worry about whether or not others understand the hardship of it... get help and get yourself out of it. con't ...

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:54 AM on May. 16, 2009

• ... con't
    Unfortunately, I have found cafemom to be one of the most hurtful places I've ever experienced. So many have not been raised to show any compassion whatsoever to others, and I think too many women pride themselves on how mean they can be to others... I guess to ease their own feelings of incompetency and inner ugliness. Sad to say, you won't find much encouragement or compassion here... that's why I'm considering being done with cafemom...
    BlessedMommy64