Do you spank your child (ren)? If you do, at what age did you start discipline?

Just curious.

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 11:25 AM on May. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes I do, I think it matters on the child and not the age
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't spank my child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 16, 2009

• We do not spank. Hitting is not allowed in our house.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 11:32 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Good for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 16, 2009

• We don't allow any hitting in our house. This includes adults. I think kids need to be able to verbalize before anyone should allow it. If you spank without communication, it's wrong. Communication is not a one way street.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:33 AM on May. 16, 2009

• Spanking is a form of abuse, imo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 16, 2009

• we spank. i started at age 2 when the terrible twos started. its only a light pat on the back of the diaper. as he gets older it will be different.
    Anonymous

• I have adult children now, but I did spank them, Yes. I decided long ago, after watching my little brother walk all over my mother, that I would not be treated like this. My oldest brother and I were both spanked, the youngest was not, as I think she was just too tired to mess with him. This is what I am seeing with parents these days, they are just too lazy to deal with it. If you are going to have children, you have to make them into something respectable, not wild animals. Do you like to see these children in the store, running wild, while the mother is standing there counting?? OMG it makes me so mad, I want to spank the child myself. Children NEED discipline. It's all a control issue, you have to take control. Will children walk all over you, YES they will. They have to know who is in charge and it has to last a lifetime. Your job as a parent is not over when they hit their teens, It really begins again.
    Anonymous

• That's stupid. Spanking to be in charge. Whatever!!
    Anonymous

• I do use spanking as one form of discipline, but its rarely implemented simply because as our kids are getting older, their currency is changing. Removing those basic privlidges seems to work just fine, but on occasion we do have to have "a come to jesus meeting" with one of them. Usually its the 10 yr old. Shes my stubborn one. We do not tolerate blatant disrespect, disobedience or deceptiveness. Those are spank worthy issues. We began feeling that spanking was appropriate at about age 2 ish. It just depends on each child. Spanking must include lots of communication from both sides. This is what you did, this is why its not okay, hugs, loves, prayer, all those things go into a spanking.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:25 PM on May. 16, 2009