was at the hospital last night and....

my sister in law broke into other labor rooms and stole things like nooks, and nited baby booties and hats and well, alot of things-I was apulled by this, and I dont know if I should make her go to the hospital and tell them what she did... She said it was because she had no money to get me anything so she got me these things-shes 14, God i dont know what to do. I HATE theifs-I would drive her up there myself, but is that my call?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ya teach her a lesson. Stealing is not legal at all and it will get worst.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:49 AM on May. 16, 2009

• tell your parents, its not up to you. But I would tell her that stealing is never ok, and that she has "no money" is a load of crap. At 14 she knows things she could do tto make some money, and she did it for the thrill and because she could. let your parents handle taking her back there if they choose, but def let sis know she was worng and you are dissappointed. :o(
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:49 AM on May. 16, 2009

• This is appalling. Tell her that as a present that a nice note would be welcomed and maybe some cards that she makes like babysitting coupons. (I wonder why she has no money, doesn't she get an allowance or doesn't she babysit? When I was 13 I babysat to have money. But regardless, she doesn't have to have money to give you a nice gift. ) Theft is not OK. At the very least she must take the items back to the hospital. She should confess, but that could get confusing since she'll likely deal mainly with volunteers who would not know what to do about it. So put the items in a bag and take them and leave them on the desk but include a note that they were taken "by mistake." She should be punished, which is not your place but her parents' place. You can't even say her heart was in the right place, because she stole.

Answer by Bmat at 11:52 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I told her how dissaponted i was, and when she asked what i wanted i told her i wanted her to be at the birthing-it was ment more as a form of birth control (lol) not because I actually wanted her there but this-yesterday was fauls labor, im not sure i want to bring her back when its the real thing now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on May. 16, 2009

• and i KNOW she has money-not that that even matters but she always has money on her...Kids these days-what if she had walked into an ocupied room? she could have ruined someones birthing experience-or WORSE she could have stolen more than what she showed us, there are many moms in the nursey and walking around the gardens or in the cafe she could have been in anyones room taking god only knows what. OMG, this is weighing to much on my conscience-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 16, 2009

• tell her it isnt right to steal, no matter where she is. If she looks up to you, I would tell her to be honest and return the items, or at least have her tell her parents whats she did and she will have no choice but to "suffer" the consequences
    Anonymous

• I would tel her parents, chances are the money she has shes been stealing and whats worse is that if she comes over to yuor house she could be stealing from you. Or your baby. This isnt right and it's a really bad habit to break some people never do. My sister was like that until she got caught but even now she still steals but from family not from stores anymore. She needs to learn her lesson now.!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:09 PM on May. 16, 2009