I hate theifs-HELP

my sister in law broke into other labor rooms and stole things like nooks, and nited baby booties and hats and well, alot of things-I was apulled by this, and I dont know if I should make her go to the hospital and tell them what she did... She said it was because she had no money to get me anything so she got me these things-shes 14, God i dont know what to do. I HATE theifs-I would drive her up there myself, but is that my call?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• So too the first 3 you're saying that "stealing" is ok? What if she was yiour daughter? Would it be ok then? Because she says she had no money it's ok to steal from others? To the one who asked the question, I'd talk to her and tell her that it's NOT ok to steal under ANY circumstances!!!!! And also tell her that next time you'll tell her parents.
    GmaPam7257

Answer by GmaPam7257 at 12:19 PM on May. 16, 2009

• It's the thought that counts?
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:48 AM on May. 16, 2009

• I would agree, had it not effected other moms needing that stuff, and I kind of think if she did it once its probably a habbit, and if its not, i should break it before it becomes one-Im so lost on what to do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 16, 2009

• LOL, the mind of a teen! She thought it was Walmart and she picked out what she wanted for you!
    No don't drive her up there. Just tell her to not do that again!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 AM on May. 16, 2009

• i KNOW she has money-not that that even matters but she always has money on her...Kids these days-what if she had walked into an ocupied room? she could have ruined someones birthing experience-or WORSE she could have stolen more than what she showed us, there are many moms in the nursey and walking around the gardens or in the cafe she could have been in anyones room taking god only knows what. OMG, this is weighing to much on my conscience-
    when she asked me what i wanted i said i only wanted her to be there with me, not because i actually wanted her there but i thought it would be a good form of birthcontrol-now i dont want her there, and i feel sickend by the thought that other people are going to be out special gifts volueenters make for there special dilivery-not to mention I feel the need to call and make sure there has been no reports of anything else gone missing, like jewlery or gifts or what not-
    Anonymous

• I would start off by not accepting the things that she stole. If you have taken them, your saying it's ok. The only other thing you can do is try to talk to her and explain to her why it's wrong to steal. Since she's only a SIL, it's not your responsibility to make her do the right thing or punish her for it. I would tell your husband about it and let him decide what needs to or should be done.
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 12:29 PM on May. 16, 2009

• and I am not sure her parents would care, there the type to be like "kids will be kids" I feel like I need to step in, but dont want my husbands family to get upset, me and my huband are on the same page, we BOTH feel we should march her up there and tell them what she did. But were both scared of the wrath of his parents
    Anonymous

• Why is it your place to handle this? cant your parents be parents and do the job in this situation. Or are you not telling them what there daughter did
    Anonymous

• I have no problem telling her parents but her parents would laugh about it, thinking its just her age- me and my husband agree that that is NOT the way to handle the situation-someone needs to be a good role model, her parents are too into there cocktails and bar hoping and dinner parties to care about the "petty" things
    Anonymous

• well tell her parents rather then hiding it and teach her lesson when she comes over dont let her wander around your house by herself tell her you dont trust a thief
    Anonymous