What happens in a tubal pregnancy?

My friend has her tubed tied. She keeps telling me that she is pregnant in her tubes. My mom had a tubal pregnancy and they had to remove her tube. Can she keep getting pregnant? I'm asking this because she keeps "losing" the babies and I feel bad for her. Also, will medicaid or insurance pay for her to get her tubes reversed. She thinks that all she has to do is pay $500 and it'll happen. Am I being conned?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 12:31 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if your tubes are tied that means the sperm cant travel in the tube to get pregnant in the tube- so yes its a con-however tubeligation isnt exact science and can fail, but that would probably result in a normal pregnancy....humm, if she is asking you for money dont fork it over, but chances r she just wants attention. An ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy of the tubes) can and usually will result in death and once it implants in the tubes doctors cant remove it and plant it somewhere else. so IF the pregnancy is real, its not going to be around for long as no ectopic pregnancy is vialible and is a searious risk left untreated-NO DOCTOR would let her walk away from the ER and wait for her tubes to expload and her bleed to death...
    Anonymous

• A. Any pregnancy that takes place outside of the uterus is an ectopic pregnancy. Yes it can take place in the tubes, yes it can cause miscarraige. Yes it can cause rupture and death, that is why your mom had hers removed so it wouldn't. If she has her tubes tied then at one point in her life she decided she did not want to have more babies. I don't know if the state will pay for a reversal. In my opinion it shouldn't. If you don't have money for medical care, why are you wanting more babies?
    Don't feel bad for her. It is more likely that she is having really bad cramps and is telling you she is pregnant for the sympathy.
    Anonymous