help please

my DS is 3 months old and i think he has a cold. he has been coughing a little and is really fussy. and he won't sleep at all. what should i do or try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try a steamy shower or if it's raining out go sit on the porch in the rain (restricts the little blood vessels so airflow is better). Syringe out the mucus from his nose, keep him upright in his bouncy seat for draining and check for fever. When they are really little, there isn't too much you can do but make sure he's drinking fluids.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:34 PM on May. 16, 2009

• If his nose is stuffy, take him in the bathroom close the door, and turn the shower on, HOT WATER, to make steam, should clear up the nose a bit...I always had a humidifier in DD's room too. Don't lay him flat in his bed, he needs to sleep elevated until his chest and nose are cleared out. A bouncy chair or a carseat are a good place. Other than that if the symptoms don't start to get better within a week, take him to the doctor.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:34 PM on May. 16, 2009

• the first 2 posts are right! I got a cool mist humidifer for my sons room and it makes a difference, as well as sitting with him in a steamy bathroom. most babies hate the syringe, so to make the mucous come out easier you can spray a little breastmilk or saline drops in the nose!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:38 PM on May. 16, 2009