Please help, I need guidance

I have a 6 years old son who suffers from Multiple Food Allergies that has created a swollen esophagus and requires special diet.

He is going to Kindergarten in the fall, but needs "LOTS" of help in writing, speech, and social skills, in order to be successful in Kindergarten. I’m preparing myself to help him this summer.

He is also going to get evaluated by a developmental behavioural pediatritian because he shows signs of anxiety, and obsesive compulsive disorder.

My problem is that I need to have some income to cover my personal expenses. My husband pays for everything else in the house, but complaints all the time. The situation is very sad for me. I can' buy clothes, shoes, etc. I don't know how can I balance job, my son's needs, house, cooking special food for my son, etc. I'm desperate - about to have a nervous brakedown. Can someone please guide me in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well if you plan in working with your son you realisticaly can only work with im for about 1 hour at a time. You could do this 1 hour befor work and 1 hour when you get home from work. That way you can have the etxra money and still work with him.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:57 PM on May. 16, 2009

• There are lots of things you can do to make extra income and still stay at home with your child. I understand how helpless you must feel and theres no need to! I make good money selling Avon and Usborne Books and More. Avon is only $20 to start up just go to www.start.youravon.com and use ref code dhullum You'll be mailed a starter kit with everything you need to get started and will be able to sell online and in person. A great option for stay at home moms. I also sell Usborne Books and More. www.ubah.com/u2688 just click on "income opportunities" then click on "view specials" to see May's starter kit. Its only $55. You can host book fairs, host parties, sell to libraries, online and more. Both are a great way to draw income and still be flexible for you son. Good luck to you! If you have questions please pm me~ :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:59 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I have a few thoughts. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet and Microsoft Office Pro and have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs and clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement and sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy and interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 1:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• One more thing. Was your husband always this controlling, or this new? Marriage is a partnership, not a business arrangement; if you husband's salary is not enough to cover your needs, that is one thing. If your husband is preventing you from accessing money, that is just wrong. You are his wife, not his housemaid. I strongly suggest that you and your husband meet with a neutral third party, like a clergy person or a therapist. If he won't go, then go yourself.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:47 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Hey girl...Have you ever considered your own home business?? You would be in control of your hours and your income...I have 2 things that I do right now....I do Avon and Gold Canyon. I am doing excellent with Gold Canyon right now. And in the month of May you can sign up for FREE after qualified sales! PM me if you would like more information on how to work from home. I wish you all the luck!!!
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 6:32 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I work part time from home and earn enough to really make a difference in my budget. It's not quite income replacement, but if I had to I could probably survive on this income alone. I don't have to buy or sell anything, no investment, no crazy pyramid schemes. If you have been curious about a part time work at home job, you should read this: http://freewebs.com/free2workathome
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:22 PM on May. 16, 2009