eye discharge

my 2 week old got breastmilk in his eye last night and now he has goop coming out should i take him in? i would have to go to the er dr is closed today. i just dont remember this ith my dd any ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Weird cause BM is suppose to good for eye infections you wouldnt think it would cause one but if it is like that tomorrow I would take him in to get some eye drops for a eye infection. It may clear up on its own. Good luck
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:51 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I had that happen where it accidentally "squirted" out. I don't remember there being any discharge from eye though. I just wiped it right away
    Anonymous

• The same thing happened to my little girl when she was that age. It's totally normal because a lot of times their tear ducts aren't completely formed. Just take a warm washcloth to it a couple times a day. Hold it there for a bit if he will let you. It should get better after a couple of days, if it doesn't then definitely call your pediatrician.
    snb216

Answer by snb216 at 5:18 PM on May. 16, 2009