GEtting Bulk Mail From ppl NOT even on my friend list???

How or why is this happening? Is anyone else having this issue?

LaNette000

Asked by LaNette000 at 1:07 PM on May. 16, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I am gggggggrrrrrrr
    RaggedyAnne

Answer by RaggedyAnne at 1:52 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't know why it's happening, but it sure is annoying !
    RaggedyAnne

• I just had this happen the other day, and some friends helped me figure out why...it's because as the e-mails are being forwarded, some people are hitting "Reply all" at the top, so it's going back to all the people it was originally sent to. In other words, if another friend sent that same forward to you (therefore putting your name in the "To" portion), and then someone from THAT list gets it and does the "reply all" thing, it will be sent to you again. That's the best we can figure it out anyway. And with the one that was sent to me, that IS what happened.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:52 PM on May. 16, 2009

• The reply all button has been re-added at the behest of a bunch of GO's. While it's a useful tool for people who own groups, it is a raving nuisance for others (I speak as both here.) If you search in the Cafemom Discussion group, you will find threads about this.  You can read all the input for and against, and register a complaint if you want to join the group to do so.

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:54 PM on May. 16, 2009