who really gives their kid a bath everyday?

mine is every other day or unless he gets really messy. is it being a bad parent if i dont give him one every day?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 1:08 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I honestly did, until everyone was telling me it can dry his skin out really bad. Then I started doing it every other night. But I bought this Aveeno baby wash with natural oat in it and its good enough to wash the baby with every night. So now I do again :] His feet get stinky from being in his socks LOL. You're not a bad parent!
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 1:13 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Thenk goodness they are all old enough to give themselves a bath. However, my husband enjoyed giving the baths. He thought it was fun. We look at the whole thing as if WE are the parents and WE do whatever needs to be done. There never was a separation of duties.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:13 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I use to but my son's skin started to get these little rash looking things and the doctor told me it's because I am drying his skin out so it starts to scab up. Now I take them both a bath every other day and wash their hands and face at least twice a day.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 1:15 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No, not at all. In fact my son's pediatrician advised me that he should only have one or two baths a week becase his skin was so dry and sensitive. All three of my kids survived..LOL..with only a few baths a week. Of course, if they got muddy playing outsude,then they had a bath. But the idea of bathing every day is silly. Go with your own thoughts on it.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:19 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I do, I do! Usually by the end of the day he's such a mess he absolutely needs a bath. There's been a couple of times where we would skip it but more often than not he gets one every night. I need a shower every day so why wouldn't I give him a bath every day when he gets way dirtier than I do?

And he doesn't have dry skin issues. He doesn't get hot baths and we use California Baby products.
    Karen490

Answer by Karen490 at 1:36 PM on May. 16, 2009

• that's what I do, but now that they are getting older and dirtier I'm going to everyday but hair wash every other.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 1:54 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Do you like to bathe everyday?
    Well an child is no different. Even just wiping them down with a soapy wash cloth, and if you're so worried about dry skin there is a magic potion called.. LOTION.
    That's kind of gross you know, all the bacteria sitting on their bums and private parts .. I would expect you like having a clean gential area and a baby is no different.
    You're not a bad parent but seriously think about the question you just asked.
    And I'm going to appear anon so I don't get messages about my opionion on this.
    Anonymous

• My kids take showers as needed. We all do. I don't shower every day nor do I want to. I don't get all that dirty sitting around the house. In the winter the kids usually take 1 or 2 showers a week. In the summer they might take one every night because they get super sweaty.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:13 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I insist on my teen daughters to take a shower daily.
    With their hormones in full gear they actually stink by the time they get home from school. Even on the days when they don't have PE and just sit in their classes all day.
    And it is especially important they shower daily when they are on their periods.

When they were babies and children, then it was every other day or when they became very dirty from play. In the summers, they were in the bathtub every evening after dinner because they were at day camp all day long so they were hot and sweaty, we didn't have a/c only window fans, so I had them take nice baths with tepid rinses so they would feel nice and cool for bedtime.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:08 PM on May. 17, 2009