When did seperation anxiety/fear of strangers start for your kids?

My daughter is 4.5 months old and she's already afraid of family members she hasn't seen in awhile O.o It makes me feel bad. But there's nothing I can really do about it right now, you know? I suppose I'll just have to wait it out, she'll get over it eventually.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:11 PM on May. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter did the same thing as yours and would cry when ever a male (except her daddy) would come near her.. She outgrew this by 6mnths though... Don't worry about it.. I think everyone knows it happens sometimes and isn't offended..
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 1:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My son has jumped back and forth with it. He did it for a little while at around eight months, then around two, and now he's doing it again at almost four years old. I'm getting sick of it. I took him to a b-day party last weekend, with balloons, pinata's, and a blow up jumping thing-and the kid cried like I was beating him! What kind of mother am I, taking a kid to a birthday party? It only took him a good hour and half to settle down.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 9:12 AM on May. 17, 2009