FAT FAT FAT

my DH and i got invited to go out on our friends boat to go water sking and wakeboarding i ended up not going due to my insecurity of my weight..... lame i know i just couldnt find a suit to fit me nor any shorts after having my son i gained so much weight went from 159 to 227 which has made me very self concious am i being ridiclious or what? i let my hubs go cuz i dont want to hold him back from having fun because of my insecuritys anyone else feel like this?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 1:12 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I once watched a show on tv about sexuality for the woman. Have you noticed that men never feel they shouldn't have sex because they have a beerbelly making them look pregnant? Have you noticed that men still wear shorts even though their legs are so pudgy their knees rub together?
    It's not that men aren't insecure about their bodies-- they have as much media as women telling them they should look like bow-flex models to be attractive. It's not that they don't care. But most don't think it should interfere with their lives.

You, I'm sure, are a wonderful person since you have friends who enjoy your company and want to entertain you. They don't think you shouldn't go because you may not look "hot" in a pair of shorts. It's okay to be self-conscious-- you'll be motiviated to make healthy changes. But in the mean time-- don't stop enjoying life!!!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:45 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I feel the same way.
    It sucks wearing a tankini to the pool and beach.. I get a stupid tan and I feel like people are staring at me. I so miss wearing cute bathing suits and having a sexy tan.
    I hear ya sister!
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:04 PM on May. 16, 2009

• yeah I dont like the way I look (Im working on it) since being on birth control I've gained some extra poundage i need to lose. Im gonna get strict this summer and really tone my body.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 2:12 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i feel the same way! i have been tiny all my life, and even after having my son i went straight back to my pre-pregnancy weight.. maybe even a little smaller. but now it seems like i can't stop eating. and it's interfering with fun activities id like to do with my son :(
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 2:13 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I hear ya - I'm the same way.
    I have a lovely bathing suit that has an attractive skirt attached so it hides my bumm and the top of my thighs, but I am still extremely self-conscious and feel like I'm a walrus when I put that thing on. I haven't worn it in about 3 or 4 years.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:02 PM on May. 17, 2009