Do you remember what you were doing on 9/11/2001?

I was in eighth grade science class. We were watching Channel 1 news (lmaolmaolmao). My language arts teacher came bursting in screaming "THEY BLEW UP THE PENTAGON, HOLY CRAP, TURN ON THE TVVVVV!"

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:13 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was in a chemistry class. the principal announced what happened and told all teachers to turn on the news. she said she wasnt going to let that interrupt her lesson, lol.

Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:16 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Sure do..I was doing the usual chores.I was carrying a basket of clean laundry towards my bedroom.The tv was on in there and I heard the news reporters talking about a planes flying into one of the towers.So I ran the rest of the way into my bedroom stood there in shock jaw dropped.Then they threw up the horrible scene and I dropped the basket onto the floor as the tears started rolling down my cheeks.My heart was aching pretty badly as I watched some jump from the buildings and listened to all the people screaming and crying.I don't think I slept much for the next month or so and had the news on often.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:18 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I was sitting on the couch with my babies and crying.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:18 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I was waking up to eat breakfast and getting ready to go to school (8th grade) it was only 7am when it was all over the news where I lived. When I got to school all my classes had a TV and they were talking about what was going on. The next day every damn house had either a paper flag in their window or a huge flag flying!! It was pretty amazing to see our country come together, even the skin heads came together! LOL Honestly I don't even think I cared, I was like "a plain few into a building, why" that is exactly what I said to my dad.
    Anonymous

• I was in 8th grade english
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:18 PM on May. 16, 2009

• You're a lot younger than me... I was working and listening to the news when I first heard it.. Called my mom since she was right across in Jersey and could actually see the building.. She didn't see the first one hit but they all heard it.. Then we were on the phone when the second one hit and you could hear everyone in her office cry out.. It was the most horrified sound I ever heard.. Then we started crying.. Then we had to start calling people on their cells since we had a bunch of people working in that building from our office.. A few we saw on the news and knew they were ok.. Then we had to track down my uncle who was scheduled to have a meeting in the Pentagon but as luck would have it, he missed his plane.. Thank god for small favors...
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 1:18 PM on May. 16, 2009

• 8th grade? Boy you're making me feel old. I was 25, and my first daughter was 4 months old that day. We were lazing around in the bed, nursing and enjoying the morning. My phone rang and my husband started shouting "Is your dad flying this morning?" (my dad traveled frequently at that time) I didn't know anything was going on until he called. I turned on the TV and stayed glued to it the rest of the morning in horror. My dad was not flying that day thankfully.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:20 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I woke up and turned on the news right before the second plane hit. Early on they still had a lot of planes unaccounted for, and one was headed to Chicago. I was on the phone with my mom constantly because she worked in the Research Corridor, which meant it was a likely target, so they were debating to evac or not. She'd hang up, get another announcement from work, then call me back while they changed their minds. After they tracked down the Chicago plane and knew they were safe, she kept calling back because everyone in the building was trying to get online and nobody could connect. I'd relay what was on the news to her, she'd pass it on to the rest of her dept.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Some of you make me feel old! Lol! School? Has it really been that long? Anyway, I was on my way to work and heard them discussing the first plane on the radio. It was weird because I actually thought, "terrorists," and then the second one hit. I was the church secretary and pastor came in and set up the tv. The pastors and I kept going into the fellowship hall to watch tv throughout the day.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:22 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I was 15 years old, on a bus, on my way to get my lip pierced. My mother and I could see all the smoke (lived in Northern NJ), but couldn't figure out what the heck it was. *shakes head*.

One of my good friend's fathers died in the attack..
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 1:24 PM on May. 16, 2009