What do you think about Obamas nominee to run the DOJ Environment Division?

President Barack Obama has nominated a lawyer for the nation’s largest toxic polluters to run the enforcement of the nation’s environmental laws. On Tuesday, Obama “announced his intent to nominate” Ignacia S. Moreno to be Assistant Attorney General for the Environment and Natural Resources Division in the Department of Justice. Moreno, general counsel for that department during the Clinton administration, is now the corporate environmental counsel for General Electric, “America’s #1 Superfund Polluter“:

Number five in the Fortune 500 with revenues of $89.3 billion and earnings of $8.2 billion in 1997, General Electric has been a leader in the effort to roll back the Superfund law and stave off any requirements for full cleanup and restoration of sites they helped create.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/05/15/ignacia-moreno-superfund/

Friday

Asked by Friday at 1:23 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And your point is....

Maybe he's trying to make a change and show he can stop polluting, what are people not allowed to change?!
    Dear God get over yourself, there is a reason behind Obama's decision, I may not agree with Obama but when any president nominates someone it's for good reason. Do you honestly think our president doesn't want good for our country?!
    It's shit like this that shows people just don't WANT to agree with Obama. FUCK hear him out before you fucking judge!!
    There is probably a very good reason for him choosing him, your judging a book by it's cover.
    Why not hear why he choose him and his reasoning, then if it's a bad reason or a stupid one then judge. Your just going by "America's #1 superfund polluter" thats his past, wait to see if maybe he's trying to make a change!!
    Dear God you people get on my nerves!!
    Anonymous

• Slow your roll anon, I'm an Obama supporter. This concerns me as Obama seems to be awfully tight with GE.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:30 PM on May. 16, 2009

• LOL friday, I was thinking the same thing Geez anon, new here!? I think that is crazy. I haven't read up on it. I am not paying anymore attention to who he puts in anymore. There just isn't any point. The guy he put in as head of ORS didn't pay his taxes and the lady in charge of Health and Human Services is buddy buddy with a guy who is an ardent late term abortion guy. He BOASTS about how many he performs!! I don't know what Obama is thinking, but these selections may be what hurts him the most in 4 years.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:36 PM on May. 16, 2009

• *IRS
    momof030404

• Is anyone on the hill completely perfect ? Then if not .....it does not matter who is in the white house it going to always be a problem.
    Anonymous

• So we should just suck it up and never question them? Screw that, I'm a tax paying citizen and will discuss, question and make my voice heard so they remember who they work for. If more people did that this country might be in better shape.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• LOL Sorry, Obama gets my blood boiling. I don't support him but I will never tell anyone that beause he is a huge influence for black children. I ran into an old friend the other day and he use to always be about trying to rap and do bad things to have something to rap about, and how he's going to college and he wants to get into politics such as the environment. And it made me so proud to see Obama(weather or not he does good or bad) but him just showing black people can make it as other than rappers and athletes, then people put him down and call him horrible things. I totally agree that some of his ideas are crazy, but he just got started give it some time and see if his ideas work. We don't know yet, I just want to give him a chance to see where his ideas go. Sorry about the first comment, I just hate people who bash his ideas before they even get set in place. Anyways sorry!!
    Anonymous

• So much for transparency in Government. When people who are linked by contributions or past employment are put into positions such as this, the potential for favoritism and letting offenders get away with breaking the law, approval of permits, patents, etc., and the passage of bills is greater. The people in offices and who represent us should be unbiased and have no personal affiliations or motives that effect their positions. Just like the Monsanto employees who are heads of the Dept. of Agriculture, and the EPA. Judges who worked for law offices that represented big corporations. This is corruption at is finest. They all need to hit the bricks.
    Anonymous

• anon 1:44 so iyo it doesn't matter if he and this admin ends up doing more harm then good even things determental to our country which could cause mega other issues for a long time to come as long as some blacks are happier for the moment? You have got to be kidding me
    Anonymous

• WOW you sound racist!!!!!!! This whole Obama being black just gets people's blood going, it shows your true racist sides. I haven't seen anything bad come from his decisions!! Why not wait to see if they actually work!! Thats alright put the black man down and show only white people know how to do things right!! You go bitch!!
    Anonymous