Pro-life or Pro-Choice?

After a survey done in the Buffalo News.. a majority with 51% are pro-life. I don't see anything wrong with trying to save a baby.. what I do see wrong, is them interfering in the lives of others. I'm pro-choice, because there are times, that I believe it should be up to the mother. Ex... the baby is dying in the womb, and putting the mother at risk of death as well. There are times, medically, where it should remain legal.. so here are my questions:

If you are pro-choice, what are some of the situations you would feel, it would be okay to get an abortion, or reasons why it should remain legal? Would you put stricter laws on abortions, to cut down on those unnecessary? If so, what would they be?

If you are pro-life.. what do you, or what you do, to help prevent abortions from taking place? How would you personally help some of these pregnant women?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:35 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am pro-choice and think it should and will remain legal simply because if it were illegal, we would basically be be taking many steps backward to the days of back ally coat hanger abortions. I think the way to help prevent abortions is through education and providing support for pregnant women.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:05 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I am pro-life. I have helped a young pregnant teen girl-quite a bit through her pregnancy. I would really like to get inolved with our crisis pregnancy center, but with 3 kids under 4 and one on the way, I am pretty busy with my own family. As the kids get older I would like to be more involved.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:38 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I am pro-choice. I am for education for all and resources available to pregnant women. However, I believe we need to keep it legal. We cannot pretend to be able to truly understand the life and situations of another person. Making it illegal will not stop abortion, just eliminate the availability to do it safely and strip us of our reproductive rights. As I've said before, the same laws that make it legal to have an abortion keep us from being forced into one if the government decided to limit population growth. These are not rights I can fathom giving up.

mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 1:39 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Pro-choice. Very simply I believe the life of someone who already exists is more important than a potential person.

If you are pro-choice, what are some of the situations you would feel, it would be okay to get an abortion, or reasons why it should remain legal? I think it is ok in any situation but should be preformed in the first trimester before a fetus is viable. It should remain legal because it is a medical issue, not a legal one & for the safety of women. Would you put stricter laws on abortions, to cut down on those unnecessary? No I would not. I think the age to have an abortion without parental consent should be 16 & there should be no waiting period.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:42 PM on May. 16, 2009

• If a woman gets raped I would consider it okay to get an abortion. And medical emergencies are always okay I think. It is better to have one live than both die. I am pro life and I am also a believer that a woman should do what she wants with her body. We have no right to control another persons body. I cannot see how a woman could ever kill her own baby if there was not medical emergency or rape. I could never. I like the saying "Stop Abortion, Kill Sluts." lol. There are too many women out there who make love to their SO and get an abortion. If the baby was concieved out of pleasure.... it should live! It was meant to be.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 1:46 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Pro-choice. I don't want to force someone to do something with her body just like I wouldn't want someone to force me to do something with my body.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:51 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I just have such a problem with females using abortion as birth control when they can take birth control and not have this issue. Don't give me the cost debate. Birth control pills are given out free in bulk all day, every day. I think that in the cases of incest, rape, or mom's eminent death abortion is reasonable. I don't think God meant for us to sacrifice one life for another in health issues. I also think it is ironic that pro-choicers use the "no one should tell me what to do with my body" when they are doing exactly that to the unborn who can't yet speak for themselves. They are making the decision about another person's body. Just take the damn birth control and don't have sex until you are married and ready to accept the responsibility of the consequence of the sex act. Quit using it for basal pleasure. Old fashioned, but these people don't get abortions.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:04 PM on May. 16, 2009

• *Old fashioned, but these people don't get abortions.*

Not true. Teenagers and "sluts" aren't the only ones who get abortions. Good, married people who find themselves unexpectedly pregnant with yet another kid they can't afford get them too.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 2:13 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I am 100% and unapologetically pro-life! There is NEVER a good reason for an abortion. It is murder,anytime you deliberately stop a tiny human heart from beating, you are committing murder. It also appears to me that everyone who supports abortion has never been the victim of one! None of your mothers chose abortion.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:23 PM on May. 16, 2009

• AGAIN:

I will never agree with using abortion as a form of birth control. If you want to spread your legs to every Tom, Dick, and Harry you can bet that you'll probably end up pregnant. But I will never condone taking away the rights of a woman who has been raped, who did everything BUT remain abstinent to prevent pregnancy but ends up pregnant anyway (with one partner, not being promiscuous), who is having medical problems, etc.. Or take away the rights of a young girl to have an abortion. You don't think abortion should be allowed for rape? Tell that to the 10 yr old CHILD who I held while she was crying, when I volunteered at a women's clinic. She had been raped by a friend's father, and was pregnant. No, it is not the unborn child's fault that it is a product of rape. But how dare you take away that CHILD'S right to have an abortion, and instead force her to go through the trauma of pregnancy and childbirth at such an age
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 2:36 PM on May. 16, 2009