Has anyone seen the movie The Silent Scream?

I want to see it and get more informed about this life and death CHOICE? Yes we have choice but lets make the right one!

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 1:51 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.silentscream.org/
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:42 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Haven't seen it, don't want to see it.  I am well informed without watching movies.

So tell me, do you spay/neuter your pets?  Do you eat meat?  Do you hunt or support hunting?

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 1:56 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes, I've seen it. Much like everything else I take a stand on, I make it a point to have an educated point of view. But once again, you keep ignoring my reasons for being pro-choice because they don't serve your purpose, so I see no reason to keep repeating them.

mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 2:10 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Is this woman still running her mouth, and yet refusing to hear other people's opinions?

Stop trying to convert everyone.

It doesn't make you look credible OR intelligent.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 2:27 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yup  Jynxx...she has nothing better to do.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:28 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I think she's just lonely.

And apparently she hasn't read her bible very well.

She still has yet to comment on all the quotes I gave her, from the bible, where God condones or commands the deaths of innocent children.

If you want to be Pro-Life, that's fine. But pick a VALID reason to be pro-life. back up your opinions with valid research. And don't push your beliefs on others. You truth is not my truth, and your truth is not the ONLY truth.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 2:33 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes, and in all honesty if you know what you are looking at they are grossly exaggerating what is going on in the film. The movement is not the fetus moving away from suction, but the jostling of the uterus. That is why the fetus goes back and forth if it was "swimming away" than it would not go back towards the device. The "scream" is general sucking motion all fetuses do this, even the ones not being aborted can be seen making the same mouth movements during ultrasounds. So are they all screaming for the whole 9 months in there? No of course not. Do they swim away hoping to live and than swim toward it because they are suicidal and just go back and forth because the fetus can not make up its mind? No. In all honesty abortion is not a pretty thing it does suck, so why the need to embellish it to make it seem worse? Did you know you can get more people on your side using accurate information?

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 3:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• The over embellishment and showing things like 5 month fetuses and saying they are 6 week fetuses the films where you are saying XYZ happened when any one that has seen their own US and knows that happens in all ultra sounds knows that is not what it is actually turns more people away from the prolife side. I am pro choice, I know how bad the actual procedure is I have seen it and counseled many women on it. Using the truth and factual images changes so many more minds than the over fabricated lies many pro life movements are using and this fim happens to be one of those that turns people away from your cause.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:02 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Death is never pretty. When you abort, you are killing a living thing - no doubt about that in my mind. But death is a part of life, and occurs at many different stages in life. A miscarried child can't be any prettier than an aborted one.

Seriously - abortion as a choice - it should be a HARD choice. It is a small life you have in your hands. But - that small life isn't even aware of itself yet. To try to say that it's terrified - the truth is, it's clueless as to what's going on. Painful? A bright red point of pain, perhaps - then it's gone.

I don't believe in aborting after the first trimester, myself. But that first trimester - it's a mass of cells. Living growing cells - but still cells. But - yeah - it's should be a hard choice.
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 4:23 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Please don't feed the TROLL!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:40 PM on May. 16, 2009