What's the most ridiculous misconception people have about your religion (or lack thereof)?

Some people think all agnostic people are just confused.

Your turn!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:02 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That we worship the Devil (we don't even believe in the Devil) and that we make animal and human sacrifices.

BTW, I'm Pagan.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:03 PM on May. 16, 2009

• That all Christians are Bible thumpers. I'm not, and I dislike evangelism and would never try to convert anyone.

I'm nondenominational Christian, and I believe in a very personal relationship with Christ.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:05 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I hear a lot that Christians are crazy, I don't think I'm crazy!! LOL I think the lord created us, people did bad things so he flooded the earth, he felt people were always going to make bad decisions so he had his son die for our sins. I pray every night thanking him for the good thats in my life and thats it. I don't think that sounds crazy! LOL Maybe it is who knows!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:06 PM on May. 16, 2009

• That atheists are unhappy, angry and bitter all the time. Some seem to refuse to believe an atheist can be happy and fulfilled without god.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:09 PM on May. 16, 2009

• That atheists lack morals or spirituality
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 2:11 PM on May. 16, 2009

• We are all racist white supremacists -or- we run around in costumes waving swords and pretending it's Lord of the Rings.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:13 PM on May. 16, 2009

• That we Pagans just don't understand the Bible and have never heard the good news in a way that only they can understand it. Yes we have heard it and most of us have been Christian at some point in time.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:13 PM on May. 16, 2009

• That if you are agnostic or atheist that you can't be nice, friendly, and helpful to strangers.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:14 PM on May. 16, 2009

• That all Christians believe X, X and X (insert whatever crap you want into the X spots). People fail to realise that Christianity has hundreds of branches/groups/denominations/sub cultures that all interpret the Bible very differently and all believe wildly different things. I HATE being judged based on what some other branch of Christianity does when I AGREE with the person who DISAGREES with what they do/believe lol. Non-Christians feel judged and stereotyped by the "Bible thumpers." However, us non-thumper Christians (lol) feel judged by them because they do the SAME thing to us by lumping the rest of us in and judging us along side of the crazies lol.

I also dislike it when someone who hasn't spent even a fraction of time that I have reading and studying the Bible tells ME what the Bible says, why it's wrong and why it's wrong to believe it. If you don't believe the Bible, that's fine. But leave me alone.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:15 PM on May. 16, 2009

• That we don't believe in Jesus. Also I have heard that only Jehovah's witnesses are only of the 144,000 that go to heaven (as talked about in Revelation) Which would be impossible due to the fact that there are more than 144,000 JW's in this world..

Good question though...This will be interesting to keep watch on..We will all be learning new things today..LOL

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:16 PM on May. 16, 2009