Why is it acceptable to control the population of some species but not all?

All of these Pro-life post make me think of this.

We(generally speaking) encourage/advocate the spaying/neutering of all animals.

When the population of a certain wild species becomes out of control we(generally speaking) allow hunters more kills of that specific species.

We purchase various meats (of once living species) at the grocery store for our consumption which decreases the population of those species.

So why do people shun the methods (such as abortion) that control the human species?

We are animals...just like every other animal on the planet. Have we really become so arrogant that we believe we are better then all other species and deserve more right to live?

Not only live but allow our population to consume the planet to such extent that we are wiping out other species in the process.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 2:23 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I AM pro-choice, but I will admit to holding a higher loyalty to my own species than another. I think that's normal in the animal kingdom, don't you?

mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 2:29 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Loyalty does not surprise me and I am sure is normal but the extent that some Pro-lifer's go to while advocating and actively participating in the control of other species is a bit hypocritical inn my mind.

If you are Pro-life then all lives of all species should be equally as precious.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:34 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No, we are not animals. We were created as humans, created differently. We were created to walk and commune with God. We were also created to be over the animals. We are not to be under them where they control us.
    Anonymous

• Because to use abortion as birth control is ludicrous and absurd. If you want foolproof birth control,have your tubes tied, or better yet, get a hysterectomy. Anyone who would think abortion is an acceptable form of birth control has no business being a parent in the first place.
    Anonymous

• I don't know what to say other than, I have never considered the issue from that point of view....

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:40 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Exactly anon 1:36! God created us different on purpose. He even said He created man to rule over animals. Sadly, humans are the only species who would ever think abortion as a means of birth control would be good. Animals are not intelligent enough to know of control, therefore that is why we spay and neuter them.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:40 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Anon all species were created different....do you see many birds that look like bears?  No, you don't. 

Humans ARE animals.

And when did I saw that we should be under?  What I said was LIFE is LIFE and that should be across the board if you really think it is as precious as you (generally speaking) do.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Well, I respectfully disagree. I do not think humans are animals. I believe we were created to be over animals as it says in Genesis 1:26(NIV) "God blessed them and said to them "Be fruitful and increase in number, fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
    BUT....
    there are several ways that society treats animals that I don't agree with.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 3:09 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Humans are mammals just like so many other animals. To think that we're somehow better because we judge and fight and hate more than any other animals species is just ridiculous.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:11 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My biggest beef is using abortion as a birth control. We are animals - but we have a big brain - we should USE it. And we have the technology - there are a myriad of birth controls available. USE them. I don't think there's a real excuse for not using birth control. If you've missed a day, or aren't using it correctly, then you KNOW you are taking a chance getting pregnant.
    I am pro-choice, but not if you are going to use abortion over and over again as a birth control. For me, and egg is an egg. Hens pass eggs every day that aren't fertile, and so do we, every month. That's natural. It's not natural, aborting an embryo unless there is something wrong with that embryo, or with the mother.
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 3:22 PM on May. 16, 2009