What age did you take the pacifier away?

suziejo21

Asked by suziejo21 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2 yrs old on Christmas Eve..we left it out for Santa to take to other babies and she got the presents in return...worked like a charm.
    MommyJaime

Answer by MommyJaime at 3:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• When my DD turned 1 we only allowed it at naptime and bedtime. When she was 18 months we only allowed it at bedtime, and on her second birthday it was gone for good!
    MomTo2BabesTX

Answer by MomTo2BabesTX at 3:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my dd is 8 months and dont use one anymore
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• we only used it at nap and bed from about 9 months till one at one the day after her birthday party it was gone. with no fuss
    Debbi7177

Answer by Debbi7177 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My daughter never wanted a pacifire =(
    Ilovemybbgrl

Answer by Ilovemybbgrl at 3:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• We only ever used it in the car and in the crib. We started taking it away at about 6 months (cut down to just on especially fussy nights or when she was really tired in the car. It only took a couple weeks and then she didn't want it at all anymore.

We would also only give her the pacifier WITH a stuffed animal, so we started being able to give JUST the stuffed animal.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• With my son we took it away WAY too late. He had it until he was 2 1/2 (only at nap and bedtime), but we're starting to wean my daughter off of hers right now and she's 13 months. Hoping to have her completely off of it by age 2.
    DevinAnnesmom

Answer by DevinAnnesmom at 4:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my daugther never used it. and my son used it for a month
    Reankanesmom

Answer by Reankanesmom at 4:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My son is 15 months and he still uses it. I'm really not going to take it away from him unless he's still using it when he's 3.
    mom2alittleman

Answer by mom2alittleman at 4:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• ...2 of my 3 kids were binky babies & the other was a thumb sucker. i allowed them to have it till right b4 the 3rd bday. (& there teeth r just fine) ....it was such a comfort thing for them & by that time were only having it for naps & bedtime..... there only a baby once! good luck 2 u!
    maofemmjacgav

Answer by maofemmjacgav at 4:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008