Do you agree? (PIOF)

Ok, so I have been thinking alot lately about what sex offenders should be put on the registry. And I have come up with a list.
1 Anyone who is 18 or over whose vicitm is 15 or younger. If they are under 18, if there is an age difference of 3 years or more.
2. Anoyone who uses a weapon (i.e. kinfe, gun, taser, chloroform) while commiting their crime.
3. Anyone who commits physical or emotional abuse (i.e. hitting, biting, using derogitory terms) during the commisiion of their crime.

4. Anyone who commits another crime (burglary, robbery, vehicle theft, kidnapping) before, during, or directly after their crime.
5. Anyone who has been convicted of 2 or more sex related crimes involving alcohol.
So, there are the people I think should be on the sex offender registry. Do you agree? Should someone else be added?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 2:29 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What if its a boyfriend and girlfriend situation-I know, some will say that 15 year olds are too young-but it happens. I don't think that a felony should be put on anyones record for this type of situations.

Just bc you turn 18 doesn't make you smart.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 2:49 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Sounds good. Have you checked the site that tells you how's in your neigborhood? Good to be in informed of those individuals near us.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Sounds good to me.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 3:51 PM on May. 16, 2009

• All except for number 1. I don't think that should be a blanket, it should depend on the circumstances. I don't agree with a guy being labeled a sex offender for life because his girlfriend is a little young.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:03 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Ok, which part of number one. Both parts or all of it? Cause I'm not to sure how I feel about a 12 year old making the decision to have sex with her boyfriend. But, I can see you ladies points.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Urs sound good.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:30 PM on May. 16, 2009

• no i think they should be locked away and kept from society..................................
    Anonymous

• i agree with everthing but #1. i believe if two ppl love each other it doesnt matter what the age difference is. if they are not forcing a person to be with them are to have sex then they shouldnt have a bad background jus cuz the girl is younger and is willingly being with him.
    Anonymous

• Interesting, what made u start thinking about this? What's the site where u can find out where all the creeps r in ur neighborhood?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 8:18 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i believe if two ppl love each other it doesnt matter what the age difference is. if they are not forcing a person to be with them are to have sex then they shouldnt have a bad background jus cuz the girl is younger and is willingly being with him.

***

Since when does a 15 year old girl truly understand what love is? That one-time sex could lead to a lifetime caring for a child? 15 year old girls only care that they are popular. They continually succumb to their peers wishes--not what they truly want. Just read the teen-mom posts here on CM to get a clear idea of how many clueless and overly trusting GIRLS got pregnant by the 18+ year old who said all the right things, at the time they needed to hear it most.

Would YOU let your 15 year old date a man 18+ years old? I doubt it! Heck, I won't even let my children date until they are 16+.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 17, 2009