what all can you do for mice

I have recently discovered mice has gotten in my daughters dresser and made some holes in some of her clothes.I live in a trailer and we been setting traps and catching them.my mom said to put moth balls in the dresser i was just wondering if anyone knew anything or tips or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Can you get a cat? There are poisons that you can buy; they dehydrate the mouse, who leave to find water and dies. You need to find where the mouse came in and plug up the hole.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:30 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Fill any holes where they could crawl thru (and remember that mice do not have bones, they have calapsable skeletons so that they can get into the tiniest of holes and places), with steel wool. I would buy the kind that is in the paint dept. that comes in a large bag. Mice eat thru where they crawl, and the steel wool will damage their noses.

Next, set traps with peanut butter.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:56 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My mother swears that if you put dryer sheets in furniture it will keep the mice out. Also, the old fashioned traps are the most effective. Set them close to the wall near where you suspect that they are. Most mice don't travel more than 10 feet from where you find them! They're just really good at hiding. They come out when it's dark and quiet. They scamper along the walls because it's the safest. That's why it's the best place to set the traps.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:31 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I have had luck with the glue traps. Many people will think that this is inhumane, but when a mouse is festering in your house, you will do anything to get rid of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 18, 2009