i want to find a religion that best suits my beliefs and lifestyle...

I just dont know what each beieve in and how they practice thier religion. Any ideas on how i can educate myself with the basics of each religions beliefs, and prectices.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You could buy a book on world religions or you could just start attending different churches every weekend and see if you can find one you like.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:47 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Beliefnet.com is a good place to start as is ReligiousTolerance.org.

When I started my journey I wrote down all the things I knew I believed in...for sure and also the things I knew I didnt. Then I went from there.

GL...
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:49 PM on May. 16, 2009

These are good as any web site to start looking...
    Look for books on world religion ... there are many web sites that you may be able to
    do a search on ....

As Amaranth361 stated, write down what you believe in... it doesn't all have to be of a religious thing... also write down the things that you don't believe in and also what you don't understand and would like to learn more of...

Good Luck on your journey may you find what you seek....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:54 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Take a religions of the world class, I just got done taking this class and it really opened my eyes to all types of religion even wicca, I always thought wicca was about worshiping the devil and calling upon the dead, but it's an actual religion. Anyways, you can take it at any local adult school.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:57 PM on May. 16, 2009

• op- you sound just like me. it's so nice to know i'm not alone. wow that's me too. I'm looking and looking. I'm thinking of try out a Presbyterian Church but I don't know any thing about that religion and I'm scared to. The local Presbyterian Church is very very busy with activities for parishoners plus community which I'm looking for but the Presbyterian Faith itself I don't know any thing at all about. I don't know if since I'm baptized and confirmed in another religion if I'm allowed to take Communion with out being a member of the Presbyterian Faith. but the congregation is community oriented. I just don't know what to do either.
    Anonymous

• Anon303... go to the Presbyterian church and talk to the minster there if you are interested in it.
    I am sure that they will be very happy to help answer all of your questions for you...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:06 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Go with one of your friends to their church or wherever they worship and see what it's about.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:14 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Beliefnet as others said....

I also think UU churches are great as they welcome and celebrate all beliefs.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 3:31 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Library. The ones that interest you, go take some classes at their places of worship.
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 4:04 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Belief O Matic

Very stupid name.  Very insightful test.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:24 PM on May. 16, 2009