How do I get burnt bbq out of the crockpot?

Made bbq ribs in the crockpot. I didn't make it home on time to get them out. The bbq sauce is literally burnt to the crockpot. I have tried soaking it in soap, I have tried oven cleaner...
I am at my wits ends!! Please help me!!!

kscmbz

Asked by kscmbz at 2:48 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• baking soda and water then let it cook on high for a few hours. Do this with any burnt pot on the stove too. But you don't need to "cook" those very long....old chefs secret!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:34 AM on May. 17, 2009

• maybe it will loosen up if you let it soak in really hot water with automatic dishwasher detergent in the water.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:50 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Make sure the water is HOT and put alot of dawn soap in it. Then i usually scrub it with a metal scrubbie. Not an SOS pad, they suck. It looks like little springs all coiled together. It will take anything off! LOL
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• This is just the ceramic part, correct? If you don't think it'd harm the surface, I'd use a scouring pad and Ajax. First, boil water and pour it in. Let that soak for a half hour and dump most of the water out. Mix some Ajax with the remaining water and scrub away!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 3:01 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I'd fill it past the BBQ line and put it intop the warmer put it on low and the heat and water will loosen it up.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:54 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I would just let it soak overnight.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 PM on May. 16, 2009