To "Christians" who legitimize your judgements of others by using the bible as a shield

Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment that you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Matthew 7.1-5

_Jynxx_

Asked by _Jynxx_ at 2:52 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You do not have to like another person's choices. No one is forcing you to do anything that you do not wish to do. So how do you rationalize judging others for their choices, particularly when you are making judgements after taking things at face value and know little about the details of a situation, when the bible states very clearly that you are not to judge another?

You don't agree with abortion? Fine. Don't have one. I won't force you to. So don't take away the right of someone to choose to do so.

You don't agree with homosexuality, or same sex marriage? Fine. No one is trying to force you to marry another man or another woman. No one is trying to force your church to preform these marriages. So don't take away the chance for other people to exercise their right to EQUAL rights, and be married in the eyes of the law, if not the eyes of your God.

Don't like Liberals? No one is trying to make you be one.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 2:57 PM on May. 16, 2009

• All in all, leave the judging to God. You make your choices, and let me have the right to make my own. If someone has done badly in the eyes of their/your God, then they will face that when it is their time. When were you handed the right to act as God and place judgement upon another?
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 2:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Jynxx my dear I am not a Christian, and you make a valid statement, but I think you have just opened a can of worms...
    Are you ready for the bashing????
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:59 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I sure am.

And look, I'm not even hiding behind the anonymous option, like the people I refer to usually do! :)

I'm used to getting bashed on CafeMom. I guess people don't like the idea of a liberal leaning moderate actually having a brain, being familiar with the bible, and believing that all people should have rights equal to that of another.

I just want to know where these people get their right to act as God. I highly doubt that God gave it to them. >_<;
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 3:02 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Jynxx, all I can say is, I hope and pray before you posted that verse you took a good,long look at yourself in the mirror,because as much as you say we are judging, you are judging us based on what you read on the internet. You have absolutely no idea what we are truly like. So, before you post a verse like that, pluck that speck out of your own eye first honey,because you are using the Bible as a bashing tool, trying to justify your own beliefs.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:03 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Had someone judged you? Or are we a bit paranoid?
    Anonymous

• You are acting like God much more than any of us. We are simply giving our opinions. And,that's all they are OUR OPINIONS. And, they are no less valid than your's simply because they don't agree with your's.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:04 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Thanks Jynxx

Great post!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:04 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Post? Shouldn't you post in your group then? I thought this section was for questions.
    Anonymous

• WOW Jinxx I thought I was the only one who got bashed for being liberal and having a brain! LOL No one ever takes my side when it comes to things, but I will not show who I am because I run a business on cafemom and I don't need crap being posted on my page. I don't judge, I just state weather a like something or I don't, an opinion isn't judging but for some reason when I post a different opinion I get the whole "your an idiot and really stupid for thinking that way" I thought we were alloud to have our own opinions in life. Guess not!! But the verse sticks and I know only God can judge me, but I'm only human so it still hurts when someone bashes me!!! Anyways I agree with Jinxx!!
    Anonymous