How do I....

Hi ladies. I was wondering if anyone could give me some instructions on how to scrunch hair. I have really fine straight hair if that tells you anything.

mommy112005

Asked by mommy112005 at 3:07 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• you can buy a flat iron with attachments that will do it or you take a large curling iron to it and old it for a few seconds to get the waves then put hair spray in it. You can also put jell or hair spray in it when its dry and keep scrunching until you get the look you want.
    Anonymous

• The best thing you can do is buy a diffuser for your blow dryer. I use the Mark Curl Goddess collection of hair products when I diffuse my hair. They work great, aren't too heavy or crunchy feeling and are nowhere near as expensive as most brands. You can get them at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping. Also this weekend I'm giving away a free product with any purchase of $15 or more on my site so if you make a purchase email me and I'll ship you a gift :) Diffusers can be found at Target, Walmart and beauty supply stores. They are usually around $5. It will take you about 3 minutes to do your hair! :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• When you get out of the shower. Towel dry your hair just a little.Leave it nice an damp. (I brush my hair while it's wet before I do this hair do. Yes I know it's not good for your hair but it helps with the hair do.) Flip your head upside down and apply mousse, get the roots real good too. Then still upside down, blow dry. Grab the hair from the bottom and scrunch up to the root and blow dry directly on to the scrunched up bunch of hair. Do this to all the hairs and be sure to dry the roots. Get your hair a good 80 to 90% dry. Don't dry it all the way. Doing it upside down really helps with volume!
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 3:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i have extra straight hair too. this is what i do. wash your hair the night b4 and let it air dry. then put it in 2-4 braids and hairspray or gel it a little. then in the morning take it all down, you will probably need to use some more gel or hairspray. spray or gel your hands and scrunch your hair all over.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:52 AM on May. 17, 2009