Would you give up your job to stay at home with your teen daughter's baby so she could go to high school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes. If I could not get her to give the baby up for adoption, I would want her and the baby's father to finish their education. I probably won't go back to work, but if I did, I would give up my job to do this.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:11 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No, I would help my daughter on my days off or find family and friends who will help out. I would also help provide childcare and my child would have some kind of a job to help with the expense of her child. Someone needs an income to raise the child and if she is in school all day then who is paying for the baby?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:11 PM on May. 16, 2009

• What if you were the sole provider for the family. How would that work?
    Anonymous

• If my family could afford it then yes. If not then there are programs that pay for day care, or she could go on independent studies, so shes at home doing her school work then once a week so goes to school to turn in work and to take a test. It's pretty simple.
    Anonymous

• If we could work it then yes if not then we would find a way for her to go to school
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:16 PM on May. 16, 2009

• If I were the sole provider for my family then I guess my husband would stay home. If something happened to him, I would still be home because of his life insurance policies. However, I am aware that not every family is in this situation. A single mother would obviously not be able to quit her job to take care of her teenage daughter's baby. I guess the kid would get dumped in daycare and be raised by hired help.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:16 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i wouldnt quit my job.she would have to get a job and work when shes not in school and work when im home from work.she would have to probably stay back a year until the baby can do day care because no job shee gets at a teenage age is gonna pay rent, put food on the tablle, and clothes on a babies back you know?i would make sure she finishes school though but HER child has to come 1st.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:17 PM on May. 16, 2009

• my opinion dont give up your job! with the economy right now many people feel blessed to have a job! you know there are free child cares for teens who still go to school i think letting her find her way will help her because shes going to start realizing you cant always put yourself after you do gotta think about yourself and thats not being selfish let her learn now that shes young shes has alot of responsibilitys ahead of her. take it from me im 18 with a 2 year old and im managing to finish school one way or another
    Anonymous

• I am so glad I do not have a daughter lol. If I did, I would have to say no. What is she learning by mom doing something like that? If she's going to make grown up choices and get pregnant, then she needs to take adult action and find a way to make it work. And don't think I am bashing teenage girls because I am not. I have already told my son that if he gets someone pregnant because he was careless, he would get a job to pay his child support and take his visitation and take care of his kids because it wasn't my job to do it. I know it sounds mean but I just think that if they are going to do adult things then they need to act like adults and take responsibility for their actions.
    CrystalJC73

Answer by CrystalJC73 at 3:48 PM on May. 16, 2009

• HELL NO!! First of all my teen daughter would not have a baby. I wouldnt allow it. So she wouldnt have to worry about finding a babysitter so she can go to school
    Anonymous