anyone figure out a way to wash hair without their child crying?

I have been trying different ways and nothing seems to work for my 2 1/2 yr old, and now my 10 month old ihates it too! any suggestions that worked fgor your kids?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 3:18 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• give them a toy to play with so there not paying tat much attention.definetely a no tears shampoo and conditioner.tilt there head back too so they dont feel like there drowning.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Ya...give them a folded up washrag to put over their eyes, let them hold it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Have you tried laying them down in the tub? our daughter is 8 months old and we dump the water over her head and always have. if she cries she cries, she gets over it. My niece you have to make her look up at the ceiling while you get her hair wet and then rinse it out. Try laying them down or making them look up, lay the 10 month old over the sink and do it. Our daughter stands up in the tub if we dumb it over her head but we sit her down and tell her she is okay and once its over she goes on about her business. Reassure your 2 year old they are find and its almost over.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• walmart has hair washing cups. it has a place you put their forehead in and then dump the water on their head. it works for my kids. Mine cry because the water is going down their face and they hate that. My daughter constantly breathes while I dump water and she inhales water and makes her cry. so I bought that cup and no I have NO MORE TEARS!!!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:23 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I lay my son down to rinse when he lets me, or I just give him the cup and he does it himself. He's only 18 months and he like to do everything! This way he feels like a big boy, and I'm not the mean mommy...until it's time to dry off and put his diaper on!
    lovemybears

Answer by lovemybears at 6:46 PM on May. 16, 2009

• we have same problem!!! my 4yo cries when i wash her hair all the time!! maybe thier scared of warm water or the shampoo!! try singing to them and it might work!!!!!!!! i do it to my 4 yo!!!! she loves to sing while i wash her hair...... also'' i tell her the shampoo wont go to your eyes honey'' , ''it will be ok i promise it wouldnt go to your eyes!!!! she uses baby shampoo with free tears!!
    filipina99

Answer by filipina99 at 6:51 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I always took my kids in the shower with me. None of them ever cried.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:03 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Swimming goggles are great! They fit closely to the child's head and allows them to see while protecting their eyes. Also Johnson&Johnson make thease disposable washcloths with tearless soap already in them. {Lavender&Chamomile} You just wet them and rub softly. I think it is less obvious that you are going to wash their hair because there is no bottle of shampoo to mess with.
    Tirzahsmom

Answer by Tirzahsmom at 4:39 AM on May. 17, 2009

• i let my son "help" wash his hair and i quickly do it at the same time. if he doesnt want to help, i let him cover his eyes with a rag and wash it super fast
    BCBMommie

Answer by BCBMommie at 9:39 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Jennifer told me that she doesn't like when water gets into her ears. I said "you like swimming though and you get water in your ears when you swim". She says it is a different feeling. Most kids, at that age, cannot tell you why they don't like something. I'm sure it's because he doesn't like water in both his eyes and his ears.
    M
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:16 PM on May. 24, 2009