• In the Spotlight:

What do u think of the name Urijah for a boy?

missashoo

Asked by missashoo at 3:22 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly it sounds like an STD to me.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:22 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I agree, give your son a normal name, that is horrible, kids are going to make fun of him so much!! Try Brian, Allan, Michael, Samson, William, something that will make him sound educated and invested. That is a horrible ghetto name you want to give him!!
    Anonymous

• I don't like the name, but who cares! We are thinking of naming our son (if it's a boy) Ezekiel. My mom is HORRIFIED, but oh well. We get to name our son, not anyone else! Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:25 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Are you stoned give your child a real name that sounds like a ghetto i completely agree with everyone else. Your child will be picked on don't you want the best of the world. Give him a handsome name not a gretto drug dealer name.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't go as far as to say it is ghetto or a drug dealers name it just sounds like an STD to me. Possibly an infection in the urethra or something. ANON is obsessed with the whole ghetto thing and that is a sign of ignorance in itself. To know the ghetto is to live in the ghetto and if you don't then you shouldn't speak about something you don't know.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:31 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Makes me think of the word Urine....like pee, ya know.

Or that URINE VANDERSLOOT. the one that killed Natalie Halloway!
    Anonymous

• It means "The Lord is my light or fire"

Which is a nice meaning. It does however conjure image of painful peeing. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• i dont really care for it but its your child :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 3:48 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I actually think its cool. First time I heard it was when my dh was watching UFC and we like Uriah Faber. It was actually on the list if we had a boy but we had a girl :). Guess I'm outnumbered huh! =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:10 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't like it either. It does sound like an STD or urogenital problem. He will get teased.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:13 PM on May. 16, 2009