Why Cancer?

My good friend from high school, Allison Maken, her son died from Leukemia when he was 5...just 5 years old. My niece just died from Leukemia yesterday, she was just 3 years old. Why Cancer? Why does God take children away at such a young age when they have their whole lives a head of them? Why don't they take us? I had to watch my sister, who is the STRONGEST person I know, say good-bye to her youngest daughter and bury her. I had to watch Jillian((my niece)) go through chemo and radiation and I had to watch my sister watch her daughter die. This isn't fair. My friend Allison, who is the most FAITHFUL women I know, had to let go of her oldest son, James. Allison prays all day, goes to church every Sunday, sends her children to Catholic school and sends them to Sunday school. She asks me "Why did this happen to us?"

What do I tell her? I have no experience with this and these two women are my best friends.

katfranz111

Asked by katfranz111 at 3:24 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Health

• I am LDS and Joseph Smith once taught that these precious souls who were taken so young were so delicate and precious that they could not stay on Earth. They were taken back to their Heavenly Father as perfect beings devoid of sin so that they could have everlasting life. What an incredible burden to birth one of these souls and then lose them so young. I cannot even imagine how hard this must be. I am so sorry for your losses and theirs.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:29 PM on May. 16, 2009

• some poeople told me when my cousin died, even though it wasnt of cancer, i was cuz he was shot.and my other cousin died of bad asthma and some other problems that god had a different plan for them.he need them more then any one else did.there only gone physically not mentally.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:32 PM on May. 16, 2009

• im so sorry for your losses
    Desi2Sweet

• I am so sorry for you and your family.
    The increase in cancer rates can be directly tied to the chemicals in the air we breathe and the foods we eat. You can honor these people by doing what you can to clean up our planet. One in four of us will have cancer before we die.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Cancer is hard to handle when we see little ones die it breaks our heart. They are much happier and better in heaven than they would have ever been here but the reason fo rthem dying is usually because of someone left behind. someone around them probably needed to come to know Jesus so they could join that child in heaven one day. Or another reason could be that they needed to see that cancer can be fought and that the rest of the family could do some proactive things with their diet and cleansing even emotional healing that could keep them out of the same place in life. God has his reasons and sometimes we just need to set down with him if you know him and ask him in prayer. then wait for his answer he wil answer if we truly believe. Jn.3:16
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 10:24 PM on May. 16, 2009