should i get my i.u.d removed?

i have had an i.u.d for 2years now and my periods are irregular im always late and when im on it i get alot of nusea i want to get it removed but im really bad with pills i dont want the depo because i heard it makes you gain alot of wight and i really dont want another baby. what should ido?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't have sex?
    Anonymous

• Speak with your doctor and possibly have a new one without medication put in. They have fewer side effects or you can do the patch. The shot isn't to bad, I haven't heard of the weight gain just the missing periods.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:35 PM on May. 16, 2009

• If you want to get the IUD removed, then I would suggest talking to your doctor about getting your tubes tied. that is what I am going to do in June.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:40 PM on May. 16, 2009

• What type of I.U.D do you have? I had a copper I.U.D for almost 3yrs ( contains no hormones ). At first you may experience heavy cramping/bleeding/spotting/etc but once your body adjusts its great. Good for 10yrs & effortless. Talk to your doctor further. This may seem strange but I would get a occasional taste of copper in my mouth!? like pennies! LOL It was literally every several months though. good luck!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 3:43 PM on May. 16, 2009

• there are other ways...you can always use the patch
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 3:47 PM on May. 16, 2009